Happy November! I have a bunch of things I want to post about today and first up is Angela's back to school challenge. I think it's a really fun idea, plus there isn't a lot to it and you don't have to report in all the time. The challenge basically consists of the activities we all did in grammar school gym class. Joe and I decided it would be a fun little challenge so we had ourselves a little workout on Sunday evening.
- Cardio: 1 Mile walk/run (time) ~ Lauren 9:45, Joe 9:00
- Upper Body Strength: 90 Degree Push Up (#) – choose modified or military ~ Lauren 25, Joe 29
- Upper Body Strength: Pull Ups (#) or Flexed Arm Hang (time) – chin above bar (optional if you have no pull up bar) ~ we're skipping this one since we don't have a pull up bar
- Abdominal Strength: Sit Ups (# in 1 minute) – chest to knees ~ Lauren 30, Joe 37
- Trunk Strength: Trunk Lift (inches) – measure to chin ~ Lauren 9.5", Joe 8.5"
- Flexibility: Sit &Reach (inches) ~ Lauren 5.5", Joe 0.5"
- Wall Squat: knees at 90 degrees (time) ~ Lauren 1:44:2, Joe 1:26:5
- Plank: choose bent arm, straight arm (time) ~ Lauren 1:04:5, Joe 1:41:2
I'm pretty excited to work on all of these exercises during the month and hopefully see some improved results!