11/23/2011

the power to shut down Facebook

I have so many random things to say about Tuesday so you'll have to forgive me if I jump around.  I wasn't really feeling any of the food in our refrigerator for breakfast so I decided to stop somewhere on the way to work.  I packed a lunch (honey crisp apple, carrot sticks, mango greek yogurt and mini pretzels) and headed out the door a little earlier then usual.  I debated between Manhattan Bagel (high calorie, long wait), Dunkin Donuts (super long wait) and Burger King (high calorie) as I drove.  As I got closer to work I knew I was running out of time to make a decision then I remembered, I was taking spin that afternoon, I would totally be able to burn off a big breakfast.  Burger King it is!  I went with two cheesy bacon wrappers, very possibly my all time favorite fast food breakfast item.
When I got to work and opened up my calendar I was super excited to see that Joe had finally gotten his December schedule!  Do you have any idea how hard it is to plan holiday events when you have no clue when your significant other is available?  Especially now that they've moved him to the store in the mall; he can be scheduled any time between 7am and 11pm plus he only gets 1 day off most weeks.  I immediately got to work contacting friends and family to set up dinners and what not.  The most exciting event being my dad's birthday dinner in Philly at Fogo de Chao.  


While dinner will definitely be a good time I'm more excited for what we'll be doing before dinner.  A week or so ago Joe mentioned going up to Steven Singer to look at engagement rings!  Apparently they gear their service to make the guys feel as comfortable as possible.  A sale person gives you a beer/wine to calm the nerves then finds out how much Joe is comfortable spending without letting me know the actual number.  Then they will show us settings and diamonds within our price range and take notes on our preferences.  We decided that since my dad wanted to have dinner in Philly for his birthday it made sense to just drive up a little early and check it out.  I know we won't be buying anything while we're there but it definitely makes it all a little more real.  


You'll have to forgive my friend's spelling, I'm sure she was just overly excited for me but I couldn't not include her response to the increasing possibility of Joe and I getting married.
I was heading to the gym alone again on Tuesday.  I had asked my boss if it would be alright for me to come in a 1/2 hour early so I could leave a 1/2 hour early to make sure I had a bike for class.  Well wouldn't you know, getting there at 4:45 got me the first spot on the list!  In fact I was so early that I had to ask for them to take the list out.  I'll definitely have to remember to bring my Kindle in the future, it's hard to entertain yourself for a 1/2 hour at a gym without actually exercising.  The class was pretty good, it was a new ride called The Age of Aquarius that featured music from 1968.  The instructor joked with me and an older gentleman in class about knowing the music, in the end he knew them all and I only recognized 8 out of 14, not bad considering I was born 13 years after 1968.
Joe got home before me and started on dinner.  He's trying to earn a free turkey from ShopRite so he wanted to clear out some space in the freezer.  Our dinner featured mini cheeseburgers!
I really love when we both get home early enough to hang out all evening.  I kept looking at the clock and being surprised that it wasn't time for bed yet.  Although that does leave more time for snacking, I even enjoyed a cup of hot chocolate in my awesome rooster mug.
I haven't gotten my steps in almost a week but I've decided that if I get a good workout in I'm not stressing about the steps.  It's dark so early now and it's getting colder so walking outside isn't always an option anymore, I just need to be sure I'm being active. 
1. 1000 fitness minutes - nope = 60 minutes; 658 minutes total
2. 10,000 steps per day - 6193; 10 days total
3. 500 calorie burn - 580 breakfast + 441 lunch + 600 dinner + 95 snacks = 1716 - 2665 = -949; 13 days total
4. 2 classes per week (or 10 total) at the LifeCenter - YES!; 5 classes total
5. Geocache 3x - nope; 2 trips
6. 30 minutes of cleaning a day - nope; 12 days total
7. Dinner & a movie date night 3x - nope; 2 total
8. Try one new food a week (or 4 total) - nope; 2 total

No comments:

Post a Comment