11/27/2011

Black Friday

I didn't do a very good job of taking pictures during our shopping excursion, probably because I was absolutely exhausted.  

We didn't get right in when the doors opened at Target.  They were letting people in about 20 at a time so it took us another 15 minutes or so to actually get inside.  Kelli made a dash for the $265 46" television but Shana and I took our time walking through the clothing section and warming up. Once we acquired a couple of carts we were ready to really shop.  I didn't find much that I had to have,  it seemed like the only really big sales were the tvs.  I picked up a jacket, a sweater, 2 boxes of Luna bars, presents for the cats and couple of other little things before hitting the check out line.  We were pleasantly surprised with the speed of the line, last year we spend close to an hour in line and it wrapped all the way around the store.  This year they wove us through the health & beauty aisles and it worked beautifully.

Our next stop was Old Navy.  They had a lot of great deals, not that I need more clothing...  I picked up a couple of scarves for $1 each, a cozy wrap cardigan, a sherpa lined vest and of course Shana & I got our xmas outfits squared away.  We hopped in line and prepared to wait, the line at Old Navy was torture in comparison to the line at Target.  We waited 45 minutes before hitting the registers.  Now, I am totally fine with this, it's black Friday, lots of people are shopping, there are lines.  However, what gets me are the people that bitch and moan the entire time, complaining that it's hot and they can't believe this.  I wanted to smack this woman a few people behind us, she was miserable the entire 45 minutes.  It was almost enough to crush my black Friday happiness.  Luckily we came upon these hats and that made it all better.
Yes they are children's hats and barely fit our giant heads...
Our only stop after Old Navy was Kohl's and I put a hurting on Kohl's.  I easily spent the most money there and got the most accomplished.  I picked up toys for a few of the little kiddles on my list, a couple of sweaters for myself and a couple of gifts for Joe.  By the time we left Kohl's it was close to 5am and we were ready to call it a day.  I should have probably stopped at Michael's and looked for those last 4 frames but I just didn't have it in me.


I got home and into bed by 5:30am and slept until 9:30 when Joe got up and left for work.  He was kind enough to leave me a french toast bagel with cream cheese for breakfast and I was starving so I scarfed that down then tried to go back to sleep.  I only got about another hour before giving up and declaring myself awake for the day.  I didn't do much that afternoon, a little laundry but mostly I played on Facebook and cleaned out the DVRs.  


We had plans to meet friends out for Mark's 35th birthday that night so I made sure to eat something in case I decided to have a drink.  I'm am a big fan of Thanksgiving left overs, that was such a delicious little sandwich but I didn't stop there, once I started eating I couldn't stop.  I also had an apple, a banana with peanut butter and a bunch of candies.
Joe was working until 9pm so I headed out to the bar without him and met up with our friends.  It was a relaxing evening full of laughs.  I stayed away from drinking though, I decided that it wouldn't be smart to drink alcohol when I'd had so little sleep and would have to drive myself home but I did eat some more.  Joe and I split a patty melt and an order of scallops wrapped in bacon.  We headed home a little after midnight and I passed out the minute my head hit the pillow.  I'm pretty bummed that the shopping basically ruined my entire day.  I wish the stores would have stuck with their normal 4am opening, it's actually easier that way.
1. 1000 fitness minutes - nope = 0 minutes; 690 minutes total
2. 10,000 steps per day - 8411; 11 days total
3. 500 calorie burn - 548 breakfast + 376 lunch + 705 dinner + 435 snacks = 2064 - 1966 = +98; 14 days total
4. 2 classes per week (or 10 total) at the LifeCenter - nope; 5 classes total
5. Geocache 3x - nope; 2 trips
6. 30 minutes of cleaning a day - yes!; 14 days total
7. Dinner & a movie date night 3x - no; 3 total - goal complete
8. Try one new food a week (or 4 total) - nope; 2 total

No comments:

Post a Comment