11/27/2011

a trip to Deptford

After our late night on Friday we both slept in Saturday morning.  I had scheduled us a run but waking up at 9:30 didn't leave enough time before Joe had to be at work.  He got up and out the door while I texted back and forth with Tammy making plans to drive up to Deptford for a visit.  We eventually settled on my coming up around 1pm so I got my butt out of bed.  I made a bowl of oatmeal with sliced banana and peanut butter for breakfast then hopped in the shower.  After putzing around the house a little while it was noon and time to go, I grabbed a smores Luna bar and an apple for the ride and off I went.


I hadn't seen Vic and Tammy in a while so we spent a few hours catching up and snacking on swedish fish.  After we'd compared notes on everything in our lives it was time to get our shop on.  Tammy is the best bargain shopper I've ever met so it's always fun to hit the stores with her.  We started at TJ Maxx and found a few things but nothing fantastic.  Tammy kept saying, don't worry we'll find something better at Marshall's.  I was a little concerned that we were putting too much pressure on Marshall's and it wouldn't live up to the hype.


I was wrong.  The Deptford Marshall's in a wondrous place!  It's about a million times better then the store by me, I couldn't get over how clean and well organized everything was.  It was like shopping in a nice department store but with much lower prices!  We were grabbing things left and right.  Finally we realized we were getting a little out of control and headed for the register before we could do any more damage.
I got a variety of things.  New drinking glasses since we've broken pretty much all of our fancy Mikasa set.  New bath mats because the rose colored towels that I got on black Friday totally didn't work with the burgundy set we had.  A new Calvin Klein coat (size 4!) because all of my jackets from last year are too big.  And a couple of long sleeve t-shirts with Philly sports teams on them so I can represent a little better when Joe tries to make me watch the games on tv.


The rest of my evening wasn't too interesting.  I came home, Joe and I ate Thanksgiving leftovers for dinner and watched tv.  I think we may have visited with Lou & Nicole for a little bit but I'm having a hard time remembering...
1. 1000 fitness minutes - nope = 0 minutes; 690 minutes total
2. 10,000 steps per day - 4942; 11 days total
3. 500 calorie burn - 340 breakfast + 235 lunch + 632 dinner + 390 snacks = 1597 - 1861 = -264; 14 days total
4. 2 classes per week (or 10 total) at the LifeCenter - nope; 5 classes total
5. Geocache 3x - nope; 2 trips
6. 30 minutes of cleaning a day - nope; 14 days total
7. Dinner & a movie date night 3x - no; 3 total - goal complete
8. Try one new food a week (or 4 total) - nope; 2 total

No comments:

Post a Comment