11/12/2011

lazy Friday

TGIF!  I was so happy to be done with the work for a few days, I really had a hard time concentrating and getting things accomplished all week, I was just so scattered.  Hopefully I can get my head back in order by Monday.  

I started my day with yet another bowl of oatmeal with a scoop of peanut butter and sliced banana.  I didn't pack a lunch though because I was meeting Kat for at Gianna's Cafe in Northfield.  I love when she has meetings close to my office!  

I had never been to this little restaurant before but Kat raved about it, especially the salads.  She even contacted them about catering her wedding this coming June.  I wasn't intrigued by any of their salads so I went with the cup of soup and 1/2 a sandwich combo instead.  The tomato basil with crab soup was so good and exactly what I needed on that cold afternoon.  I paired it with 1/2 a chicken salad sandwich on rye which was also fantastic.  The place also serves dinner and we talked about getting everyone together to try it out sometime soon.
On the workout front...I was supposed to meet Thea at the gym after work but she wasn't feeling well and bailed on me.  I texted Nicole to see if she would be my workout buddy and she said she would but they were in Philadelphia and she wasn't sure when they'd be home.  Joe also offered to run with me when he got home from work.  


Can you believe with all of those options I still didn't work out?  I need to get better about going to the gym by myself.  I'm fine taking classes by myself but I get bored wandering around the actual machines on my own.  Since there aren't any classes at 5:30 or 6 on Friday that leaves me SOL.  Sometimes I can convince myself to do a video in the living room but when the DVR is full I'm easily distracted.  I thought about trying P90X with Nicole when they got back from Philly since we've been talking about giving it a try, but I never heard from her. 


I started to get hungry around 6:30 so I decided to make dinner and workout later in the evening.  I made sloppy Joe's!  We've been trying to clean out our pantry and we've had a can of sloppy joe sauce in there for a while now so I figured Friday was as good a day as any.
I also baked up our acorn squash!  I used Angela's instructions and cooked it at 400 degrees for about 45 minutes then topped it with some butter and brown sugar.  It was tasty!  I mean I'm not like raving about my love for acorn squash or anything but it was definitely easy to cook and a new and different veggie to add and our menu.  
Joe ended up getting stuck late at work and didn't get home until almost 8 and by that point it was pretty cold and dark for an outside run.  Plus I was curled up on the couch half asleep anyway.  I'm guessing Lou & Nicole had made it home safely because Joe went over there to visit, lol.  I continued to doze on the couch for another 2 hours then headed upstairs to bed.  I'm extremely disappointed in my lack of exercise for the day not to mention that my calories are high...blah!  What's my deal?!?
1. 1000 fitness minutes - no workout = 0 minutes; 394 minutes total
2. 10,000 steps per day - 3103; 7 days total
3. 500 calorie burn - 340 breakfast + 488 lunch + 580 dinner + 225 snacks = 1633 - 1894 = -261; 7 days total
4. 2 classes per week (or 10 total) at the LifeCenter - nope; 3 classes total
5. Geocache 3x - not today; 1 trip
6. 30 minutes of cleaning a day - I unloaded/reloaded the dishwasher and cleaned up the kitchen; 7 days total
7. Dinner & a movie date night 3x - nope; 1 total
8. Try one new food a week (or 4 total) - acorn sqaush; 1 total

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous11/12/2011

    Working out home by yourself doesn't always work. Trust me--I'm sitting on the sofa with the computer on my lap when I should be working out!

    ReplyDelete