3/28/2011

Whoever said money can't buy happiness simply didn't know where to go shopping. ~BD

We had a pretty busy Sunday!  My plan was to get up early and go for a 3 mile run with Joe so I could try out my new garmin.  That didn't work out though because it was 27 degrees at 8am!  We decided we would go to breakfast first then run some errands and keep our fingers crossed that the weather would warm up enough to go for a run in the afternoon (that didn't happen either).  We were pretty hungry so we hurried to shower and get dressed then went next door see if Nicole, Lou & Jack wanted to join us.  I forgot to take a picture of my outfit on Saturday but you didn't miss anything; it was just comfy clothes that were easy to move stuff in.  But on Sunday I actually made myself presentable, I went with a yellow & tan striped sweater from The Gap, a brown tank from NY & Co, denim leggings from Express and Shana's classic tall chocolate brown Uggs.  I also tried not straightening my hair over the weekend, it's not terrible but still not long enough that I think it looks ok all wild like.
Our neighbors did decide to join us for breakfast.  We just went across the street to the Somers Point Cafe so there was no time wasted with driving...straight to the food.
I ordered a short stack of whole wheat banana pancakes = 531 calories.  It was delicious as usual.  I really don't order pancakes anywhere else, Mike's are so light & fluffy that nothing else can really compete.
It was nice to see the girls that were working, we spent a few minutes catching up before I left.  I guess one of them needs some time off for college visits sometime soon so I may be getting a call to work one of these weekends.  I hope they give me enough notice if they ask, my weekends are booking up pretty fast lately.
After breakfast Jack was ready for a nap so we parted ways.  Joe and I, well mostly I, had a bunch of errands to run.  We needed to get my sister a birthday present and get Joe's sister a bridal shower present.  I needed to do a few more weddings related errands like stopping at AC Moore to get some card stock and checking out a pair of shoes Janey is thinking of having the bridal party wear.  I was also pretty excited to maybe do some shopping for myself :-)
We parked by JC Penney so I could check out the shoes on the way in then make our way to Macy's.  I found the shoes pretty quickly and texted Janey that I wasn't sure they're the right style for her Sunday afternoon wedding.  She let me know she hadn't made a decision yet so I shouldn't buy them.  I offered to meet her for a shoe shopping extravaganza sometime soon.
Next, we stopped in Ann Taylor Loft and looked through their sale racks for a few minutes.  I picked up two new dresses, another pair of black jeans for work on Fridays and a sweater.  On to Macy's where we looked for gifts for the sisters and a new purse for me, we didn't find anything special so we left the mall and headed to TJ Maxx.
I was on the hunt for a new purse that could handle the weight of all the crap I carry around with me every day.  I found a lot of nice bags but was shocked by the prices!  I left Macy's because I didn't want to spend $100+ on a bag but at least 1/2 the bags I liked at TJ Maxx were close to if not higher then that price.  I guess they've branched out into selling more designer items now.  I totally get that a purse that normally costs $350 is a great deal for $170 but when I go to stores like TJ Maxx, Ross & Marshall's I'm looking to buy something cute for under $50 not fall in love with something I can't afford.  I ended up finding a big blue Nine West bag that's pretty perfect for what I need.  Actually, Joe found it :-)
When we finished up our shopping it was about 2pm and we were ready for some lunch.  We couldn't agree on what to eat and eventually ended up at home and still hungry.  We finally decided to go over to Fitzpatrick's for a sandwich; I stuck my head in next door and invited our buddies to join us for another meal.  Unfortunately the deli had closed just a few minutes before we got there.  Next up, Primo Pizza, we drove across town and got a table immediately.  I had a BBQ Chicken Wrap and a few of Joe's mozzarella cheese fries = 642 calories.
I really had to get my butt in gear when we got home.  I wanted to get everything done for the shower so I wouldn't have to worry about it during the week and the following weekend which was packed too.  Nicole is a my favorite crafting buddy and offered to come over and help.  Lou & Joe went to work in the back yard and we ladies cleaned up the house a little before getting out the glue sticks.
I checked most of the items for the day off my to do list although I always manage to find a few more the minute I cross a few off.  There really just isn't enough time for everything I want to do, still haven't studied for the GMAT btw...  Anyway, I was pretty full from our super late lunch but the boys were getting hungry again.  Nicole & I pretty much ignored them, just got out some snack foods and let them have at it.  One snack we did indulge in though was strawberries with whipped cream = 56 calories.
Everyone hung out until the Flyers game was over and then Joe and I tried to watch a little tv.  Before we knew it it was after 10 and I was ready for bed.

How did I do on my March goals?
1. Read 2 books:  totally not going to finish it...
2. Burn at least 750 calories a day for at least 25 days: 2093 burned - 1229 eaten = 864 burned, 20 days total
3. 1200 fitness minutes: 0 minutes today, 1223 total for month (goal complete)
4. Eat 1 fruit or veggie with each meal for at least 20 days:  banana w/breakfast, nothing w/lunch & strawberry w/dinner, 17 days total
5. 15 spend free days - bought some stuffs...8 days total...
 

No comments:

Post a Comment