11/18/2011

it's only $24,000

I'm so far behind again!  I don't know how this keeps happening.  I guess blogging everyday just requires more time then I have.  And I'm a little concerned that life isn't going to slow down anytime soon.  I really just don't know what to do, I need the blogging to keep myself accountable but I just don't seem to have the time.  Ahhhh!  

Anyway, back to Thursday of last week.  I had a bowl of oatmeal with a scoop of peanut butter and a sliced banana for breakfast.  I went into work an hour early because I was spending the majority of my afternoon at the city campus for a managing relationships class with Anne and Kat.  Anne and I headed over a little early and met her boyfriend (a doctor!) for lunch in the cafeteria.  I order the special sandwich they were offering, roast beef with cheddar cheese, the menu listed it with cole slaw but I asked that they substitute it with lettuce and tomato to save some calories.
The class was very interesting, I tested into the red area which mean I'm assertive and I like to get things accomplished, shocker.  I'm excited to take the second class in the series in the new year, it teaches you more about how to handle conflicts.


Kat and I had plans to meet Shana for dinner around 4 but the class was over a little early so we wandered around the pier shops to kill time.  Somehow we ended up at Tiffany.  We are both painfully aware that we cannot afford Tiffany rings (me = engagement, Kat = wedding band) but it couldn't hurt to look around, right?  I quickly located my absolute favorite, the Novo.  And it was only $24000, 9 years of dating warrants a ring that expensive, right?  I also went totally wild and tried on the Soleste yellow diamond ring, only $36000, it was a little too ostentatious anyway...


Before we knew it Shana was there and it was time to eat.  Being that it was barely 4pm we were one of only two tables sat in the restaurant.  We joked about being senior citizens, because we were eating so early, but the earlier you eat the more time to digest, right?
The ambiance was super fun, very modern and we were loving the fireplace in the middle of the room.  It kept us nice and warm on a cold afternoon.  It would appear winter has finally arrived in south jersey.
We each ordered a drink.  I had a Peach Mai Tai (muddled peaches, lime juice, myer's dark rum, bacardi peach, topped with creme de noyeaux), it was delicious but I was bummed when I got home and looked up the calories...  Shana's drink was definitely the most fun, she ordered The Astronaut (peach vodka, triple sec, orange tang rim), it was very sweet.
We split three items for dinner.  The Rad Na Thai Chicken (rice noodles over crisp romaine & chopped peanuts), Shanghai Vegetable Dumplings (sweet ponzu, chili oil & sesame) and a Continental Salad (chopped vegetables, feta & herb vinaigrette).  Everything was delicious but the vegetable dumplings were by far the best, they had whole pieces of corn and other veggies inside.
The salad was huge; we each had at least 2 servings and there was still enough left over for Shana to bring home for lunch the next day.
I wasn't a huge fan of the bed of lettuce that the thai chicken came over, warm lettuce is like my least favorite thing ever.  But it was Shana's first time trying Thai and she enjoyed it so that's a win.
After dinner Shana went to pick up Shaggy at home and then they came to my house.  Jessica was coming over to give us each a hair cut.  I needed my bangs trimmed and the rest of my hair texturized (thinned) and Shana hadn't had a hair cut in months.  We had a fun night hanging around my kitchen gossiping while Shaggy hid from my cats.  It was too funny, they're like half his size but their hissing scared the crap out of him!
1. 1000 fitness minutes - nope = 0 minutes; 528 minutes total
2. 10,000 steps per day - 6549; 10 days total
3. 500 calorie burn - 340 breakfast + 473 lunch + 841 dinner + 0 snacks = 1654 - 2018 = -364; 10 days total
4. 2 classes per week (or 10 total) at the LifeCenter - nope; 3 classes total
5. Geocache 3x - nope; 2 trips
6. 30 minutes of cleaning a day - I cleaned the kitchen & living room; 10 days total
7. Dinner & a movie date night 3x - nope; 1 total
8. Try one new food a week (or 4 total) - not today; 1 total

No comments:

Post a Comment