11/02/2011

2 Steps? I'm sorry what?

Woohoo!  November 1st!  I am super excited to start the month off right.  I planned to only eat good foods and get plenty of exercise at the gym after work.  

I started the morning with a bowl of oatmeal with a scoop of peanut butter and a sliced banana.  I wasn't thrilled with the lunch options in our fridge so I stopped and picked up a Turkey BLT salad from Wawa for lunch.  Unfortunately, I also used the last of my gift card on that salad so the rest of the week will definitely have to be packed from home.  I held pretty strong on the junk food front until I found a bag of fun size Nestle Crunch bars in the break room and then Jean did her 3pm daily snack rounds, the woman walks the office with a bucket of candy, how am I supposed to resist?  Ok, so 2 little slips, not bad and under 200 calories...

After work I went straight to the gym, the traffic wasn't bad so I was there in about 10 minutes.  If this keeps up I may be able to try 5:30 classes instead of 6!  That would be so awesome, I could be home by 7!  I ran into Thea in the lobby and she tried to convince me to take a Cycling class but I just wasn't there, I need time to talk myself into spin.  As her class started to fill up she headed back in and I went to the locker room to change.  I really love that locker room, it's so clean.  Also, your membership card slides into the lock like a key so I can leave my stuff there for free and without having to remember a lock!  I finished getting ready then went upstairs to the gym and hopped on one of the Woodway treadmills (the trainers recommend them for running), I had planned to run 2 miles with Kat's program but I just wasn't feeling it.  After 5 minutes of running I switched to a 2 minute walk, 2 minute run interval which still got me plenty sweaty.  After all that I had about twenty minutes before my class so I went back to the locker room, dropped of my iPod and grabbed a towel.  By the time I got back upstairs people were starting to arrive for class.  I wandered in with another woman that was new to the class and the instructor was very nice about explaining everything to us.  One thing I wasn't ready for, they use 2 steps!  That's right you move back and forth between the step in front of you and the one behind you, crazy!
Apparently the class works up to using 4 total steps so everyone is moving all around the room.  I think I handled 2 pretty well for my first try.  The class was definitely moving and I was dripping in no time.  The biggest challenge was getting used to the instructor's calls, they all use different words to describe the motions.  Not to mention she threw a couple of moves in that I'd never done before.  It was definitely a good time, everyone in the class was friendly, I'm sure I'll be back.


When I got back to the locker room I found a text from Joe asking if I wanted to meet him at BJs to do some shopping.  I ran into Thea again on the way out and we chatted for a few minutes, she even convinced me to try the Cycling class on Friday at 5:30!  By the time I got to the car it was almost 7:20 and of course this was the first day ever Joe actually closed up on time, he'd been wandering the store for almost 15 minutes, my bad!  I think that's going to be my biggest issue with this new gym, I'll probably run into a lot of coworkers and waste time chatting when I could be working out or driving home.


It only took about 5 minutes to get to the store and as we wandered down the first isle I ran into my friend Veronica & her family!  I haven't seen her in close to 2 years, I had never even met her youngest daughter!  We chatted for a few minutes then made plans to have lunch in a few weeks and catch up.  I'm really excited to catch up on my old office gossip!  Joe and I spent the next 45 minutes or so wandering the store grabbing the basics and picking up some new things to try that were on sale.  I'm excited for all the dinner choices in my future!  


By the time we got home it was almost 9 and I was starving!  I didn't want to wait for the chicken I had taken out that morning to cook so while I changed out of my gym clothes Joe made me 2 scrambled eggs with cheese, I toasted a bagel thin and topped it with some leftover pumpkin cream cheese (my favorite thing ever) then grabbed a honeycrisp apple to round out my meal.  Gotta love breakfast for dinner.
We spent a little while on the couch watching Pan Am and Boardwalk Empire before heading up to bed around 10.  I'm just so tired lately, I wish there were more hours in the day!
1. 1000 fitness minutes - Step-It-Up + 20 on the treadmill = 80 minutes; 80 minutes total
2. 10,000 steps per day - 14,088; 1 day total
3. 500 calorie burn - 339 breakfast + 305 lunch + 509 dinner + 143 snacks = 1296 - 2506 = -1201; 1 day total
4. 2 classes per week (or 10 total) at the LifeCenter - Step-It-Up; 1 class total
5. Geocache 3x - not today
6. 30 minutes of cleaning a day - totally forgot and in my defense I really wasn't home that long
7. Dinner & a movie date night 3x - not today
8. Try one new food a week - not today

1 comment:

  1. The last two days were a wash for me. Not a good start! But getting there.

    Way to go on the 80 fitness minutes!!!
    ~Ang

    ReplyDelete