11/11/2011

Date Night!

I knew that Thursday was going to be a bit of a disaster where calories and exercise were concerned but I tried to put it out of my head, I mean, a girls gotta live, right?  

I was excited to see that the bananas Joe picked up at BJs were ripe already so I got have oatmeal for breakfast!  I know I could put other things in my oatmeal but the peanut butter and banana combination is just so delightful.  When it was time to head to work I bypassed my office and went straight to the hospital for a class on first impressions.  Because my office is offsite, we don't see a lot of other employees.  And because our work is so regimented we tend to forget that not everyone understands exactly what we do and all the rules involved.  It's easy to get snippy on the phone so  I decided to take a refresher course in customer service and smiling when I answer the phone, lol.  The organization also really puts a lot behind bettering yourself so the more classes you take the better.

But the best part of morning meetings at the hospital is that there's a Saladworks across the street!  It's the only one in our area so I always pick up lunch on my way back to the office.  Thursday I went with an Autumn Harvest salad (turkey, craisins, corn, carrots and sunflower seeds, served on a bed of lettuce mix topped with crispy apple chips) with pumpkin vinaigrette dressing, SO GOOD.
Joe was off of work so we had scheduled a date night for when I got home from work.  I was pretty hungry and happy to hear he was ready to head to the restaurant as soon as I walked in the door.  We chose to eat at the Crab Trap in Somers Point because their restaurant week menu looked amazing.  The parking lot was packed when we pulled up and we were concerned there was going to be a long wait.  I was surprised that they sat us right away, the parking situation is obviously deceiving.  There were snacks on the table when we sat down; dinner rolls and oyster crackers which Joe loves, but I find them too dry and the horseradish too spicy.
Joe was nice enough to let me take pictures of everything without being horribly embarrassed.  Normally he gives me a hard time about how annoying it is to have my camera flash go off.
For an appetizer Joe ordered the Shrimp Orreganatta (gulf shrimp broiled with a bacon herb crumb crust, served with lemon butter).  And I ordered the Arancini Di Risotto (light fried risotto balls stuffed with lobster, fresh mozzarella, prosciutto and baby spinach ~ roasted red chipolte cream sauce).  They were both really delicious but I think mine was the best.  I really could have eaten that as my whole meal.
I ordered the Pistachio Encrusted Mahi Mahi (tender mahi mahi fillet pan sauteed with a ground pistachio crumb crust served with asparagus spears and a creamy herb vin blanc) and it was very bland.  I didn't even finish half of it.  Instead I enjoyed the heck out of that enormous sweet potato.  Joe doesn't like sweet potatoes so I don't get to eat them very often and I loved every single bite of it.
Joe had the Swordfish Milanese (fresh Barnegat Light swordfish steak, griddled with a parmesan panko crust topped with baby Arugula, chopped tomato salad & crispy onion strings ~ lemon butter) which was very good.  He offered to let me have some of it because mine wasn't good but I was more then happy with my potato.
For dessert I ordered the Pumpkin Cheesecake w/Cranberry Glaze and Joe ordered the Tiramisu.  Once again Joe's choice won out.  I was shocked because I love pretty much everything pumpkin but the cheesecake just wasn't pumpkiny enough.
After dinner we rolled our stuffed selves home and watched the newest Transformers movie On Demand.  We rarely get to the movie theater so there were a lot of options available.  I really wanted something that would keep me awake because a food coma pulling me down.  This movie definitely did the trick, my eyelids didn't droop at all, it was action packed and kept me entertained.
We went up to bed shortly after finishing the movie but stayed up pretty late watching tv on the upstairs DVR.  It was 85% full!  I know what I'll be doing on Saturday afternoon...
1. 1000 fitness minutes - no workout, just lots of eating = 0 minutes; 394 minutes total
2. 10,000 steps per day - 3925; 7 days total
3. 500 calorie burn - 340 breakfast + 445 lunch + 1239 dinner + 0 snacks = 2024 - 1850 = +174; 7 days total
4. 2 classes per week (or 10 total) at the LifeCenter - nope; 3 classes total
5. Geocache 3x - not today; 1 trip
6. 30 minutes of cleaning a day - I unloaded/reloaded the dishwasher but that didn't take a 1/2 hour; 6 days total
7. Dinner & a movie date night 3x - yepper!; 1 total
8. Try one new food a week - nothing new :-(

No comments:

Post a Comment