11/20/2011

my future's so bright I've gotta wear shades

Wow!  Friday was such a great day!  I'm not going to go into all the details because I don't want to jinx anything but let's just say I'm pretty sure that 2012 is going to be my year!  However, this great day did not start out so well.  My normal morning routine went by without incident; I made protein shakes for breakfast and packed some leftover ham and cabbage for lunch then headed off to work.
I had barely been at work an hour when I got an extremely rude email from someone in another department. I'm obviously not going to go into detail but suffice it to say this individual tried to cut corners and when I made it difficult for them they chose to send a rude email and copy our boss' on said email.  Luckily I have the greatest boss in the entire world and she took care of the situation.  I was still extremely riled up though and I hate losing my cool at work!


In addition to having the greatest boss in the world I also have the greatest boyfriend in the world.  It was date night!  He started by picking me up from work, he had dropped me off that morning so he could take my car for an oil change & tire rotation, then driving straight the Bonefish Grille for dinner.  I ordered a raspberry stoli & club soda to wind down after my crazy day and the sea bass in lime tomato garlic for dinner with double vegetables.  The spaghetti squash was delicious and now I'm really excited to cook ours.
While we were at dinner Joe asked what I wanted to do with the rest of the evening and when I told him I wasn't sure he suggested we see Twilight: Breaking Dawn!  I was blown away!  I love Twilight but I would never force Joe to join me in seeing the movie especially on opening day.  Once we finished our meal we headed over to the theater, it was of course packed with people to see the movie so we purchased tickets for a later show then went over to Michael's to look for frames.


Nicole was kind enough to forward me a flyer earlier that day that said all frames were 40% and there was an additional 20% off coupon!  We ended up getting almost all the frames we needed for gifts at less then half their list price!  Now I'm just hoping that I can find 4 more for cheap on black Friday and we'll be all set.
With that errand out of the way we headed back to the movie theater.  There was a line to get into our show but it moved pretty quickly and Joe went for popcorn while I held our spot.
The movie was surprisingly very good.  I think they've been getting better as they progress.  And thank god because that first one was really terrible.  I was happy that they kept with the story line from the book and really didn't change or omit much.  Joe was disappointed that there wasn't more "vampiring" going on, apparently he needed to see a lot of people being slaughtered to deem it a good movie, lol.
1. 1000 fitness minutes - nope = 0 minutes; 528 minutes total
2. 10,000 steps per day - 4687; 10 days total
3. 500 calorie burn - 360 breakfast + 356 lunch + 804 dinner + 140 snacks = 1660 - 1927 = -267; 10 days total
4. 2 classes per week (or 10 total) at the LifeCenter - nope; 3 classes total
5. Geocache 3x - nope; 2 trips
6. 30 minutes of cleaning a day - nope; 10 days total
7. Dinner & a movie date night 3x - YES!; 2 total
8. Try one new food a week (or 4 total) - spaghetti squash; 2 total

No comments:

Post a Comment