11/09/2011

we're reaching the vortex

We still had two bananas left on Tuesday morning so I made smoothies for breakfast.  I have been trying to come up with ingredients that Joe will like but it's hard because all he ever wants is chocolate and he really doesn't like citrus.  This time I managed to wow him with a banana, strawberries, vanilla yogurt and pomegranate juice mixture, hallelujah!  I also finally got around to bringing my leftover chinese food to work for lunch, plus an apple and a tangerine.

I was headed to the gym after work, I feel like I haven't been there very often but I'm getting plenty of exercise so I guess I shouldn't worry.  I was meeting Thea for a 5:30 spin class.  She usually signs me in when she gets there because I can't be there before 5:15.  Well it looks like there are starting to be issues with too many people wanting to take the class and she's worried that she might get in trouble for signing me in.  I don't see what the problem is, if she signs me in I'll be there, promise!  I may ask my boss if she minds my working 8:30-4:30 on Tuesdays so I can get there a little earlier.  

The class was really great!  The instructor is phenomenal, you can really tell he's enjoying what he's doing.  He tells stories of actual rides that he's taken around the world.  Tuesday's class was about a ride through an Arizona state park.  The most memorable parts were reaching the vortex, when we reached this point the music switched to the Star Trek theme song and we had a calm ride.  It was immediately followed by our hitting a bunch of "hills", set to the humpty dance, where we had to stand and sit every 2 count, I was seriously panting by the end of that one!  I'm actually thinking about getting myself some specialty spin shoes to wear to class so that I can snap in and get more power on my pedal.  Can anyone recommend a brand or style?
I headed home after class and Joe was working until 9 so I was on my own for dinner.  I've decided that on nights he's working late I'm not going to worry about cooking some elaborate dinner.  I went a quick turkey, ham and cheese sandwich on a sandwich thin with some popchips.  It didn't take long to make and filled me up plenty for the rest of the evening.
I knew I needed more steps but I decided not to worry about them, I got my butt kicked in that spin class so missing 10,000 steps wasn't going to kill me.  Instead I spent the rest of the evening on the couch watching my favorite shows, cruising Facebook and pinning to my hearts content.  Joe came home just before 10 and we talked about our days while he had some leftovers then headed up to bed after watching Terra Nova.
1. 1000 fitness minutes - spin class = 60 minutes; 344 minutes total
2. 10,000 steps per day - 6644; 6 days total
3. 500 calorie burn - 191 breakfast + 406 lunch + 601 dinner + 225 snacks = 1423 - 2594 = -1171; 6 days total
4. 2 classes per week (or 10 total) at the LifeCenter - cycling; 3 classes total
5. Geocache 3x - not today; 1 trip
6. 30 minutes of cleaning a day - I folded a boat load of laundry before I left for work; 5 days total
7. Dinner & a movie date night 3x - not today
8. Try one new food a week - nothing new :-(

No comments:

Post a Comment