7/03/2011

what green smells & tastes like

1. Eat out less then 20 meals:  I've decided to keep this goal for July because I only missed it by one meal in June.  I'm a little concerned because Joe hasn't mentioned his 2 events a week lately and if he's giving up on that we may end up eating out more...  But at least for July 1st I am triumphant.  We went over to Mark & Kat's for the evening, we didn't eat out but I didn't cook either!  Kat is also taking part in the farm basket program at work and decided to try a recipe using bok choy (green curry w/bok choy).  The dish wasn't something I would try again but it wasn't bad.  We decided it smelled & tasted like the color green if it had a smell & taste, lol.  She also made some baked squash (from Sean & Amy's garden) with tomato, mozzarella cheese & italian seasoning with was delicious!  I'm definitely going to have to try to make that one soon.  0 meals out.

2. At least 25 days with a 750+ calorie burn:  I've kept this goal as well because I didn't achieve it in June.  I know it's partially because of my broken fitbit & lack of definite stats but it's still a failure.  Hopefully this month I can keep things together.
     Breakfast: blueberry & vanilla protein shake = 281 calories
     Lunch: left over Pad See-Ew = 338 calories
     Dinner: green curry w/bok choy & baked squash = 464 calories
     Snacks: pistachio nuts = 79 calories
     Totals: 1915 burned - 1162 eaten = 753 total burned, 1 days total.

3. Complete 1250 fitness minutes:  I didn't even make it to 1000 minutes last month so I'm keeping this goal but lowering it to 1250 minutes.  I'm really going to try harder to get to classes at the gym more often in July so hopefully that will help.  The reason we were at Mark & Kat's was because I offered to help her with her Save The Dates.  They're getting married next June and most of her best friends live a little far away so she doesn't have a ton of help.  I promised to help with anything I can as long as she doesn't go bridezilla on me, lol.  Anyway, we were planning to go for a run at some point during the evening but time just got away from us.  0 minutes total.
4. Walk at least 10,000 steps for 25 days:  I really loved my walking goal in June.  It was good for my health and my relationship, Joe and I had a great time talking on our walks to ShopRite.  Unfortunately my lack of exercise also rolled into my steps, we didn't get home until almost 11pm and there was no way I was going to make up close to 7000 steps at that late of an hour.  3355 steps.  0 days total.
5. At least 20 days with 30 minutes of house work:  I think it's obvious that my cleaning goal is a good one.  Just 30 minutes can get a lot done when it comes to keeping my home clean.  I did manage to clean a little before going over to Kat's, YAY!  1 days total.

No comments:

Post a Comment