7/05/2011

Happy 4th of July!!

By some wonder or wonders Joe managed to have July 4th off!  We made plans to spend the day on the beach with a bunch of friends.  We were headed to the cove in Brigantine and our friends assured us that we needed to be there around 7am to get a good spot.  We told them we'd do our best but there was no way I was getting up before 6:30am on a day off.  Joe could tell I was nervous getting ready as this would be my first time publicly wearing a bikini (check that off my goals for the year!).  We arrived around 8am and everyone else trickled in shortly thereafter.  We had a nice big area with plenty of room for everyone to spread out.
Shana and I took a couple of sisterly pictures while we were still comfortable in our cover ups.
Not soon after we arrived I was bummed to learn that my friend Amy was wearing the same bikini I was!  Now, normally I would find it funny to be wearing the same thing as a friend but c'mon, did it have to be the same tiny scrap of clothing as the super tiniest person there?!?
We spent the day lounging on inner tubes...
and tanning with tasty drinks...
The plan had been to stay for the Atlantic City fireworks shows at 9:20 & 9:45pm but when we started thinking about the logistics of getting home we knew we wouldn't be in bed until after midnight and that's no way to start a new work week.  So around 7pm Kat, Mark, Joe & I headed off the beach towards the mainland.  After a quick shower Joe and I headed over to a local dock to try and catch whatever fireworks shows we could.
Shortly thereafter we were joined by Lou, Nicole, Jack & a friend of theirs, also named Lou.
We could see Margate, Ocean City & both Atlantic City shows from our spot so that was nice.  I tried to get a picture of Nicole & me but my camera flashes twice and I just couldn't seem to keep my eyes open for the actual photo.  Here are just 3 of the attempts, there's probably 5+ on my camera just like them...
I even tried holding my eye open at one point...
almost had it...
While we double over in laughter Joe held sleeping Jack and made it obvious he thought we were totally insane...
1. Eat out less then 20 meals:  All of the food we ate was brought from home and carefully prepared by the men of the group.  3 total meals out.
2. At least 25 days with a 750+ calorie burn:
     Breakfast: breakfast wrap = 519 calories
     Lunch: cheddar wurst = 310 calories
     Dinner: cheeseburger & chips = 470 calories
     Snacks: peaches, mimosa, sangria, pretzel thins = 623 calories
     Totals: ? burned - 1922 eaten = ? total burned, 2 days total.
3. Complete 1250 fitness minutes:  I would like to say that we were lounging on the beach and no one was working out, but that would be a lie.  Sean & Amy brought a paddle board and a few people gave it a shot.  I was not one of them.  It was enough that I was wearing a bikini in public, I was not about to stand on a board and row in my bikini for all to see.
And my lovely sister made like a good camp counselor and entertained one of the kids that was there in a borrowed kayak.  40 minutes total.
4. Walk at least 10,000 steps for 25 days:  While I did bring my fitbit to the beach with me, much to Joe's dismay, I didn't wear it the whole time.  I left it on my cover up so anytime there was a chance I was getting wet it was in my bag.  Unfortunately this doesn't give me the most accurate measure of my steps, oh well, that's what the 6 cheat days are for I guess.  7783 steps.  2 days total.
5. At least 20 days with 30 minutes of house work:  Hahahaha, I was out of the house for about 14 hours straight, no cleaning got done at my house.  3 days total.

No comments:

Post a Comment