7/15/2011

Beets?!?

1. Eat out less then 20 meals:  We didn't go out to eat again on Thursday!  We did go next door for s'mores before bed but we used ingredients from our house so it REALLY doesn't count.  9 total meals out.
2. At least 25 days with a 750+ calorie burn:
     Breakfast: fruit smoothie = 184 calories (and not very good)
     Lunch: cucumber salad, cantaloupe, strawberries & a peach = 265 calories
     Dinner: tomato, avocado & golden beet salad w/grilled chicken = 473 calories
     Snacks: rice cakes & s'mores = 504 calories
     Totals: 2236 burned - 1426 eaten = -810 total burned, 9 days total.
My refrigerator is exploding with fruits & veggies so Nicole and I decided to make the recipe my work provided for the golden beets.  It not only looks pretty it was also very tasty.  Now, I'm not saying I'm going to start buying beets on the regular but if some more fall into my lap at least I know what to do with them.  The only thing I would change is to add more dressing, everyone seemed to need a little extra oil & vinegar.
We also added some feta cheese to the recipe & paired it with room temperature grilled chicken that was marinated in italian dressing.
3. Complete 1250 fitness minutes:  It had been over a week since Nicole's last C25K run because of the hot & humid weather.  She hadn't even had a chance to try out her birthday present, did I mention that I got her new running sneakers?  The card said "now you have no excuse not to run with me!"  334 minutes total.  
4. Walk at least 10,000 steps for 25 days:  I had no problem getting my steps in.  Between our walk to the grocery store to pick up dinner fixins and the 48 minute run/walk I was above and beyond where I needed to be.  13710 steps.  11 days total. 
5. At least 20 days with 30 minutes of house work:  I really don't know how my kitchen manages to need cleaning every day but somehow it does!  I also put away a few piles of stuff in my bedroom that had accumulated.  9 days total.

No comments:

Post a Comment