7/03/2011

how did i fit it all into one day?

Nicole has been having some babysitter issues so I offered to take Jack on Saturdays from 8-1 until she can find someone better.  When did kids get such crappy attitudes about work?  I mean I didn't love working when I was younger but I still looked at my jobs as responsibilities & respected the people I worked for.  Anyway, this was my first official Saturday with Jack and Joe didn't have to go into work until the afternoon so we decided to spend the morning at the beach.
We went for breakfast at the North End Beach Grill which my friend Stephanie & her husband Angelo own; I even worked there for a summer back when they first opened.  The food is delicious and it's right on the beach in Ocean City so you really can't get a better view with your morning coffee.
When we finished eating we took our gear down to the beach in front of the restaurant.  Little did I know we wouldn't be seeing those seats much for the 2.5 hours we spent there.
Joe is really great with Jack.  We all played in the sand & the ocean then walked up the beach looking for shells.  (there's no way I was trying my bikini for the first time while chasing a 1 year old)
We were pleased to see Stephanie & Jen come down to the beach with their kids about an hour after we got there.  It always good to have more kids to entertain each other.  I'm always shocked to see how big Sophia & Natalie have gotten, it seems like they were newborns just the other day.
We headed home around 11am and Jack passed out as soon as we put the car in gear.  I was determined to get him a good nap so we debated the best way to get him out of the car without waking him up.  We decided the smartest idea was just to bring the whole car seat into the living room and it totally worked, he slept almost 2 hours!  Definitely a great first day with Jack, here's hoping I always have Joe & other kids around to help entertain him!
1. Eat out less then 20 meals:  I obviously had breakfast out and it was fantastic!  I always forget what a great cook Stephanie's husband is.  1 meals out.

2. At least 25 days with a 750+ calorie burn:
     Breakfast: egg white omelet w/tomato, onion & cheese, rye toast and home fries = 465 calories
     Lunch: 0 calories
     Dinner: spinach & kale turnovers, chicken empanadas = 524 calories
     Snacks: gelati & oatmeal cookies 471 calories
     Totals: 2256 burned - 1460 eaten = 796 total burned, 2 days total.

For some reason Nicole & I decided to go on a cooking binge Saturday afternoon.  I was planning to try a recipe for spinach & kale turnovers from my farm basket.  She was planning to make chicken empanadas for dinner.  Somewhere in there we decided to make them all at my house and have dinner together.  Oh, and we decided to back blueberry ice cream (so many blueberries from the farm basket) and oatmeal cookie sandwiches.
My kitchen was an absolute disaster but I think we had a great time putting everything together.
Everything came out of the oven right around the time Joe got home from work and we all sat down at the dining room table to give it a try.
The results were delicious and surprising low in calories!  Plus there's plenty left over for lunches & snacks.
Unfortunately the ice cream needs overnight to set so we couldn't give it a shot for dessert.  But the Betty Crocker oatmeal cookies were yummy and easy to make.
I just had to add the shot of my masher hanging out in the blueberry/sugar mixture, he's so cute!
3. Complete 1250 fitness minutes:  Nicole & I had been planning to run all day but time just got away from us with all the cooking.  I was pleasantly surprised when she didn't balk at my suggestion we do C25K at 9pm.  We went 2.4 miles total, a little shorter then usual but not bad & we were both feeling good when we got finished.  40 minutes total.
4. Walk at least 10,000 steps for 25 days:  I didn't have any problem getting my steps in.  Nicole & I walked all over the plaza across the street in the afternoon and then our run put me over the top.  12727 steps.  1 days total.
We stopped at Rita's for a snack.  Yummy pink lemonade and vanilla custard gelati totally hit the spot.
We stopped into Five Below and I grabbed some toys for our trip to the beach on Monday.  Oh, have I mentioned we're planning on spending 14 hours on the beach on the 4th of July?  I haven't?  Hmmm, maybe because I'm scared we won't survive...
I'm excited about lounging in a tube & spraying water at everyone though.
5. At least 20 days with 30 minutes of house work:  It took at least a half hour to clean up the mess we made in the kitchen!  Plus I did laundry and other basic cleaning.  2 days total.

No comments:

Post a Comment