sometimes a girls gotta eat...

1. Eat out less then 20 meals:  So remember when I said to just wait for Saturday?  Yeah, so, I didn't eat any food at home on Saturday.  It started with pizza & salad at Tony's Baltimore Grill around 1am after leaving the bar, I'm not counting that as a meal out because really it's not like I can call it breakfast, it was more of a snack.  But then, I had breakfast out too...we went across the street for something quick before heading to the beach with Jack.  Then we stopped at Dairy Queen on the way home from the beach; not that it counts because it was just a snack too.  We rounded out the day by going to the Back Bay Ale House with a bunch of people for dinner.  17 total meals out.  Something tells me I'm not going to stay under 20 again this month...
2. At least 25 days with a 750+ calorie burn:
     Breakfast: egg white, pork roll, cheese & tomato on rye = 353 calories
     Lunch: 0 calories
     Dinner: chips & dips, chicken maryland with a side salad = 901 calories
     Snacks: 2 mixed drinks, antipasto salad, pizza, an apple & a root beer float = 1495 calories
     Totals: 2749 burned - 2028 eaten = +721 total burned, 15 days total.

I have to say I'm not proud of my totals but I'm also not freaking out.  I've read articles before that say sometimes you need to shock your system with a lot of calories to keep it burning.  And while I totally didn't plan to binge like this maybe it'll help in the long run.  It does remind me how far I've come though, I ate like this pretty regularly before, which would explain why I weighed 180+ lbs.
3. Complete 1250 fitness minutes:  I had hoped to get a run in on Saturday morning but it just didn't happen.  I was in no rush to get up early after having gone to bed at 2am and it was too hot to be running once the sun came up, I think we topped out around 98 with a heat index over well 100 degrees again on Saturday.  680 minutes total. 
We had Jack for the better part of the day because Nicole had a bridal shower to go to & Lou was at work.  We decided the best way to tire him out and beat the heat was to go to the beach.  Although it was pretty torturous getting down to the water (the sand was crazy hot, I heard someone say it was measured at close to 130 degrees) once we were down there it was really a nice day, there was a great breeze and the water was just cold enough to be refreshing.  We had tried a new spot, the north end of Ocean City, we had heard it was good for kids because when the tide is low there's a tidal pool and sand bar created.  The reviews were right, it was great for Jack and I was almost convinced to make it my go to spot until the flies came out.  All of a sudden we were literally being attacked by flies, they were everywhere!  We packed up and hightailed it to the car swatting the whole way.  When we got home and I got out of the shower I was shocked to see at least 5 bites just on my one foot!  I'm told this doesn't usually happen and must have had something to do with the wind changing but I'm not sure I'll risk it again.
4. Walk at least 10,000 steps for 25 days:  We had been pretty active all day so I wasn't super concerned about my steps.  I checked my fitbit around 11pm just to be sure I had gotten them and was surprised to see I still had almost 2000 steps until my goal!  I started to mope a little because we were hanging out at a bar and I really wasn't going to be able to get them done without looking like a crazy pacing person.  Then my night in shining armor, Joe, suggested we walk over to the casino.  Kat, Mark & Ryne joined us and while the boys hit the tables to do a little gambling Kat & I wandered all over the casino chatting and hoping we had enough time to get my steps before midnight.  I made it with about 7 minutes to go!  10856 steps.  19 days total. 
My charts are cracking me up from this weekend.  I'm usually all concentrated between 8am and 10pm but these are busy right before & after midnight!
5. At least 20 days with 30 minutes of house work:  Yet another day I wasn't home.  We got out of bed around 9am, had Jack from 10am-5pm, headed to Brigantine for dinner around 6pm and didn't get home until almost 2am Sunday morning.  Yeah, we didn't clean and the house was really starting to look messy.  12 days total.

You may be thinking, "wow, Lauren doesn't seem like a party animal but she sure spent a lot of time is Atlantic City this weekend."  You would be correct, Joe and I are definitely not big on going out and partying, in fact it's one of the things I love most about him, we're definitely homebodies.  We just don't see the point in spending a bunch of money when we can have more fun close to if not at home.  In fact I hadn't had much of anything planned for this weekend; going out on Friday night was a last minute thing because Bill had a friend in town from PA.  Saturday was definitely a bigger splurge but we try to not do it often, we probably won't make it out there again before the end of the summer. 

Anyway, while we were out on Friday night, Bill suggested we all take his parent's boat to the Back Bay Ale House & Deck at the Golden Nugget on Saturday.  Mark, Kat & I weren't super excited about going to the Deck after our big night out the day before but I just sort of crossed my fingers that dinner would take a long time and we wouldn't have time to go.  We set sail around 8pm hoping to see the sunset but it was too cloudy.
Even though the boys look miserable I swear we were all having a good time joking around on the ride over.
We were seated and ordering dinner by 9pm, they have "special" drinks served in mason jars for about $15 each and most everyone decided to get one.  We toasted to a fun night with good friends.
Shana and I split one to conserve calories although after looking at my total from the day I don't think 200 more would have made a huge difference, lol.
Dinner was ok.  I tried Shana's beloved Chicken Maryland (two chicken breasts topped with jumbo lump crab in a sweet cream butter sauce); it was good but I'm not sure I'd order every time I went there.
Unfortunately we finished dinner with enough time to get to the deck.  Don't get me wrong, we had a nice time but it was just a lot after the night before and the whole day on the beach.  Joe & Mark played bags (aka cornhole) and won a bunch of free drinks from their opponents so that cut down on our spend.  Around midnight we all met up on the dock and headed for home.  Kat was even nice enough to give Greg a ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment