7/08/2011

2 miles with a side of lightning?

1. Eat out less then 20 meals:  Thankfully, even though Joe had the day off & hadn't planned dinner we still ate at home.  It's nice that in the summer we can just grab a few burgers from the freezer and throw them on the grill when necessary.  5 total meals out.  

2. At least 25 days with a 750+ calorie burn:
     Breakfast: oatmeal w/milk, brown sugar & banana = 310 calories
     Lunch: strawberries, greek yogurt & smartfood = 269 calories
     Dinner: hamburger w/swiss cheese, pork roll, lettuce & mustard on a sandwich thin plus salt & vinegar chips = 689 calories
     Snacks: frosted mini wheats and pretzel m&m's (I had a little bit of a snack attack in the evening) = 125 calories
     Totals: 2236 burned - 1393 eaten = 843 total burned, 4 days total.
3. Complete 1250 fitness minutes:  Joe promised we would do some form of exercise but he wanted to work on the outdoor lighting first which was fine by me since it was like 90% humidity out.  So we ate dinner then I blogged & watched Ramona and Beezus (very cute, reminded me of reading the books when I was younger) while he toiled away under the deck until almost dark.  Finally around 8:30 we headed out but decided to only attempt exactly 2 miles since the weather was not looking good.  We were really moving at the beginning because we didn't want to get rained on.  At one point my garmin put us at an 8:30 mile!
We weren't fast enough though, it started raining when we were a little over a 1/2 mile from home.  We pushed through and I'm really proud of my time, I guess I'll have to run against the weather more often.  I was super sweaty and panting when we got to the front door.  This is the screen shot of the radar from Joe's phone when we got home...
4. Walk at least 10,000 steps for 25 days:  I still needed 2500 steps when we finished our run & we had a pretty decent grocery list going on our phones.  Now, normally we would have walked on over to ShopRite but if you'll recall there was a thunder storm raging outside.  I convinced Joe I could definitely get all my steps in walking around the store so we hopped in the car and drove across the street.  And it's a good thing we did because I don't think we could have carried all this stuff home even if the weather had cooperated.  10776 steps.  4 days total.
5. At least 20 days with 30 minutes of house work:  Joe is such a great cleaner that there's not usually too much left for me on his days off.  I mean I suppose I could have done some laundry or something but I just didn't.  4 days total.

No comments:

Post a Comment