7/05/2011

it's raining it's pouring

1. Eat out less then 20 meals:  I had lunch & dinner out on Sunday.  It wasn't planned that way but I'm really bad at saying no to a meal out.  3 total meals out.
I met Joe on his lunch break and we had a quick bite at Taco Bell.
We met my dad & Judy for dinner at Godfather's in Mays Landing.  I ordered tortellini in vodka sauce with broccoli, it was so good!
2. At least 25 days with a 750+ calorie burn:
     Breakfast: peach = 38 calories
     Lunch: beefy melt burrito = 470 calories
     Dinner: dinner roll, side salad, tortellini = 952 calories
     Snacks: oatmeal cookie w/blueberry ice cream sandwich = 266 calories
     Totals: 2028 burned - 1726 eaten = 302 total burned, 2 days total.
3. Complete 1250 fitness minutes:  We were woken up on Sunday morning by a huge thunderstorm, the rain was coming down and it felt like the house was shaking.  Now, I normally love a good storm but not on a holiday weekend when I'm planning to go to the beach!  I hoped that maybe it would clear up after an hour or so but that wasn't the case, it stayed crappy until almost 3pm.  I tried to entertain myself around the house but that didn't last too long.  I even reached out via Facebook to see if any of my friends wanted to see a movie or something.  After not receiving a favorable response (it sucks when you get older and everyone has kids, they can't drop everything to entertain me anymore) I decided to head out to do some shopping on my own.
I started at Target and planned on heading to the mall after that but I got enough of a fix that I didn't need a second destination which was definitely good for my wallet...mostly I just wandered the store grabbing odd and ends that I knew we needed at home.  Then I hit the clothing and accessories departments.  This is where it all goes down hill.  I decided on a couple of beach cover ups and new workout pants, I even tried on this floppy hat but didn't buy it because I knew I would never wear it in public.  I was pleasantly surprised to learn that I'm a small now, I used to be a tight XL at Target!  After parting with my hard earned cash I went over to BJs to visit Joe at work.  He was helping a customer so I wandered around the store and picked up a couple of things.  I was happy to run into Christina (and her family) who I haven't seen in like a month because I've been working out outside instead of at the gym.  I had a real hard time not to buy all the giant bags of fruit, they all looked so yummy!  But I know I can't finish it all before it goes bad so we have to stick to the grocery store size bags.  Once Joe wrapped up his deal we wandered over to grab some lunch.
Where, we ran into Christina again!  I didn't get a workout in because of the weather although I know I could have done something if I had really been motivated.  I need to get my butt back in gear or I'm going to start gaining!  40 minutes total.
4. Walk at least 10,000 steps for 25 days:  I did a decent amount of walking around Target but still had about 2000 steps to go when we got home from dinner around 8pm.  We needed to stop at ShopRite and pick up a few things for our marathon beach day and debated whether or not we should walk because they sky wasn't looking so pretty.  Of course we decided to chance it because god forbid I don't get my steps!  We stayed dry on the trip over, tried to make our visit a quick one but when we reached the check out line it was pouring.  We had run into Kat & Mark doing some shopping for the next day as well and they offered to drive us home if we needed a ride but we decided to check out the storm before trying to find them.  It seemed to be a quick mover and we were pretty sure it would stop soon, we were right, within a few minutes of leaving the store (walking under the awning) the rain stopped and we were able to get home without getting soaked.  10372 steps.  2 days total.
5. At least 20 days with 30 minutes of house work:  With all those hours stuck inside you better believe I got my cleaning done!  I did cleaned the upstairs bathroom, did laundry, cleaned the kitchen and living room, unloaded & reloaded the dish washer and vacuumed downstairs.  Joe even commented on how much work I must have done when he got home.  3 days total.

No comments:

Post a Comment