7/11/2011

busy busy Saturday

1. Eat out less then 20 meals:  We started Saturday morning with breakfast across the street.  6 total meals out.
I had Jack for the morning so we ordered him a banana pancake & he also enjoyed a couple of the strawberries from my side of fruit.
Nicole & I made our requisite walk to Rita's and ShopRite when she got home from work.  I had a sugar free root beer water ice with vanilla custard gelati, it was delicious and only a snack so it doesn't count as a meal out!
2. At least 25 days with a 750+ calorie burn:
     Breakfast: egg white, tomato & cheese omelet w/rye toast and fruit salad = 433 calories
     Lunch: 0 calories
     Dinner: turkey bacon wrapped green beans, potato skins, goat cheese puffs, tomato salad, cupcakes, wine & a fuzzy navel = 1973 calories
     Snacks: gelati = 290 calories
     Totals: 2092 burned - 2706 eaten = +614 total burned, 5 days total.

So it turns out that if you make "healthy" appetizers you only keep your calories down if you don't eat multiples of them.  As you can see above I went buck wild at our get together on Saturday night.  Nicole & I tried some new "healthy" recipes which were all great and I'm sure we'll make again but they're only healthy if you only have one.
We got all of the recipes from The Realistic Nutritionist.  We started by making the easiest appetizer ever Maple Bacon Wrapped Green Beans, dear god they were fantastic!  I used turkey bacon in an effort to be healthier but next time I'm going all out and using regular.
 Nicole took on the most work intensive appetizer, Fontina Stuffed Potato Skins.  I can't get over how great these were without even containing bacon or cheddar cheese!
The crowd pleaser of the evening were the Goat Cheese & Honey Stuffed Pastries.  I'm not great with rolling & folding dough so they didn't look all that pretty or uniform but no one seemed to mind.
Kat brought a tomato salad that was a nice balance to all the heavier options we prepared.  I'll definitely be bringing this one out again soon, it's so easy to do and would be a great light dinner option.  And last but definitely not least, Stephanie's daughter Natalie made funfetti cupcakes!  I don't think there's anyone out there that doesn't like funfetti.
3. Complete 1250 fitness minutes:  While I didn't technically do an actual workout I did chase Jack around on the beach after breakfast.  We hung out for a few hours before meeting up with Vic, Tammy, Dena & Kim plus their kids.  173 minutes total. 
For some reason Jack was big on drinking salt water, I kept offering him other options but every time I turned around there he was sucking it off his fingers.  Although I suppose it's better then last time when we was all about eating sand...
Unfortunately we didn't get to spend a lot of time with everyone because Jack hit the wall and needed a nap about an hour after they met up with us.  We got back to the car, I changed him and he was out before we got 2 blocks from the beach! 
I was worried about moving him from the car without Joe to heft the car seat inside so I tried to make his stroller as cozy as possible and it worked!  He slept almost 2 hours! 
4. Walk at least 10,000 steps for 25 days:  I was panicked because I forgot to check my fitbit until just after midnight and then there was no time to cram in more steps.  I was happy to learn that I had just made it when I synced up on Sunday morning.  10035 steps.  6 days total. 
5. At least 20 days with 30 minutes of house work:  I did a decent amount on cleaning in preparation for our get together on Saturday night.  6 days total.   The evening started out as a spray tanning party but no one was interested so I changed it to a plain old girl's night then I found out Joe would be home so I told the few girls that were planning to come by that their significant others were welcome as well.  It turned into a nice little night with some of our favorites.
 I swear there were more boys there then just Vic (Mark & Lou came too) but Joe ruined most of the pictures with his ridiculous faces.
We settled in for some video games later in the evening but never made it past Smarty Pants.  We played boys vs girls and I made sure to document the round where our team won!

1 comment:

  1. Looks like a great night! Sorry we couldn't make it. We didn't end up getting home until after 7 and we wanted to be in bed by 8 (but you know that didn't happen either!). Next time!!
    ~Ang

    ReplyDelete