12/20/2010

Weekend Review...12/18 & 19 - Day 27 & 28

I'm concerned about making it through this week without gaining weight.  I have workouts planned for Monday-Thursday but my food willpower is breaking down, just wait until you see what I ate on Sunday...  It's really getting difficult to say no & eat healthily when everyone is saying "it's the holidays, stop counting calories."  And I really just didn't feel like blogging yesterday so you're getting a whole weekend in review today.

Saturday:
I woke up with a slight headache & an overall miserable mood even though I had a pretty fun day planned (probably had something to do with the 4 glasses of wine the night before).  I took some medicine & had a quick bowl of cereal before heading over to the restaurant.
We were super slow (bad news because it gave me time to eat some home fries) & Mike sent me home around 11:30 giving me plenty of time to shower & get ready for my pedicure appointment with Kat.  I was a little hungry but couldn't figure out what I wanted so I snacked on some carmel popcorn & potato chips, such healthy choices...  I really meant to take pictures while we were at the salon but got wrapped up in conversation and forgot.  Here's a shot of my pedicure after I got home.  You can't really tell but it's a sparkly red, perfect for the holidays!
The nail salon was giving away lotion & nail polish to customers as xmas gifts.  It took us about 10 minutes to decide on what color we wanted and I ended up grabbing this mauve color.
After our pedicures I stopped at 5 Below to get some stocking stuffers for Joe & grabbed a bag of peanut butter M&M's, I had planned on giving them to Joe but I somehow ended up eating the whole bag in about 5 minutes flat. 
After stuffing Joe's stocking (I know I take all the fun out of xmas morning; but I still have a few surprises up my sleeve for him), I painted my nails while watching "It's Complicated" On Demand.  I'm pretty impressed with how they came out, I'm usually terrible at painting my own nails but this one is still going strong 2 days later.  The movie was pretty good, funny & easy to watch without having to pay close attention.
We'd made plans to meet Vic, Tammy, John & Kristen at Charlies for dinner/drinks around 8:30.  Joe ended up having to stay later at work so they picked me up on their way and he came straight from work as soon as he could.  I really tried to be good but like I said it's getting harder and harder.  I had a BLT with french fries, I asked for a side of ranch dressing (Charlie's makes their own & it's to die for, I'd bathe in it if that wasn't frowned upon) but she brought me sour cream instead so I decided it was a sign & didn't eat it saving the calories.
Tammy will probably murder me if she reads this & sees this picture but it was just too cute how excited she was to be able to eat her wings while they were still hot, apparently having a 2 year old can really cramp your eating out style...
Kristen left early (around 10) because her college graduation was the next day & she needed her beauty rest.  The rest of us stayed about another hour before deciding to head for home.  John came over for a scotch & cigar with Joe but since the girls were all calling it a night I decided to go to bed.

Daily wrap up:
1. completed 30 fitness minutes (I'm counting some walking at work) - this completes my fitness minute goal at 1210 and I still have almost 2 weeks left in the challenge!
2. 2 servings of fruits/veggies - I'll keep trying but this one is a lost cause
3. 64 ounces of water...check - still going strong...
4. Tracking: 2099 calories burned - 1378 calories eaten = total 721 calories burned.
5. I had a good day/night, totally worthy of a relaxing title...this also takes care of 6 relaxing things and I'm sure there will still be at least 3 more before the challenge ends!
6. Not going near a scale after this weekend...
 
Sunday:
I woke up on the right side of the bed this morning & made sure to wear my "Ho Ho Ho" shirt to work.  I got a nice card & extra tip from one of my regulars on Saturday that really upped my holiday spirit and made me want to try a little harder on my Sunday shift.  I threw a yogurt & banana in my purse to eat on my down time.
We were super busy!  It just didn't stop from 8-1, I didn't even have time to eat any home fries, good thing I had the yogurt & banana before anyone came in!  By the time I got home & cleaned up (it's pretty funny, when I come home the cats always come sit with me & their noses go crazy with the smell) it was almost 3 and I still had errands to run.  Facebook was full of comments about the crazy traffic/drivers so I decided if I couldn't get what I needed in Somers Point then I wasn't getting it.  I went to Shop Rite first & came across this little guy while searching for some of the items on my list, he's so soft, I carried him around for a little while & ended up buying him, his name is Coconuts & he now hangs out on my night stand with a penguin named Waddles that Joe got me.  I wasn't very successful at finding anything but stamps at Shop Rite so I went across the street to Kmart.  Luckily I was able to get everything else I needed there and was back home by 4:30.
Oh and I stopped at Wendy's because I was starving...I had a 5 piece nugget & half the container of ranch.  I didn't want to eat too much because Joe was supposed to be home around 7 and I knew he'd want to eat then.
I finished addressing the xmas cards & put them in the mailbox so everyone will (fingers crossed) get them before Saturday.  Then I wrapped the rest of the presents I had hanging around & did some laundry.  Before I knew it Joe was on his way home, he decided to pick up pizza from Mama Mia with a coupon (2 for $18).


We still have a whole pizza left!  I guess I won't need to cook much this week...  I have to say Mike's pizza is much better, I found these to be a little dry but nothing some ranch dressing couldn't fix (I told you this weekend I was very poorly behaved).  After my 3 slices of pizza for dinner I decided I might as well polish off the blueberry cream cheese pie Joe got me earlier in the week.  It was just as delicious as I remember.
The picture totally doesn't do it justice, it's like whipped cheesecake... mmmmmmmmmm...  Joe & I split it 70/30 while we watched some tv then went upstairs to fold the laundry that was taking over the bed.  I'm pretty sure I was asleep by 10.

Daily wrap up:
1. completed 60 fitness minutes (I'm counting the 5 hours of non-stop walking at work) - goal met
2. 3 servings of fruits/veggies - goal failed
3. 64 ounces of water...check
4. Tracking: 2516 calories burned - 1549 calories eaten = total 967 calories burned.
5. I had a good day/night, but not worthy of a relaxing title... - goal met
6. Not going near a scale after this weekend...

1 comment:

  1. I love how you complain about how much you ate yet you burned soooo many calories all weekend! Silly girl! You are doing great!
    ~Ang

    ReplyDelete