12/02/2010

12/1 - Day 10

The power went out at 7:02am!  We were forecasted to get strong storms but I really didn't think it would start so early.  I had just gotten out of the shower & was checking my email when the whole house went dark.  I immediately pulled up AC Electric on my cell phone & called in the outage, their automated system said power would be restored by 9am!  I am supposed to be at work at 8:30 & I couldn't see my closet or the bathroom...I sent out a text to a coworker letting her know I might be late.  Joe couldn't understand why going to work without my hair dried & straightened was such an issue, it would not have been pretty.  Luckily, the power came back on around 7:30 and I was able to get ready.  We ran out of sandwich thins yesterday so I had to use an english muffin instead (+20 calories) = 326 calories.  It seems a lot more substantial on the thicker bread.
I got to work on time even with the power outage and I finally remembered to bring my new winter mug!  I got it at The Christmas Tree Shop on black Friday.  I had raspberry chocolate truffle coffee & 2 truvia.
Just as I was sitting down at my desk to start working the power went out!  We are considered essential staff so when our department goes down we have to notify the rest of the health system.  There were a few important orders people had to take care of but we were only down for about 45 minutes.  The morning flew by after that & before I knew it it was lunch time.  Bet you can't guess what I had?!?  = 270 calories
I was so busy all afternoon I didn't have time for my snack.  I didn't even finish all my water!  I was so happy when 5pm finally came and I could go home.

I'm not sure if any of you watch Oprah's Favorite Things, although if you're my friend you probably do, lol.  Anyway, she had the Nike Free Run+ shoes on the list.  I love a brightly colored sneaker & had been looking to get a pair but as most things on Oprah's list they were extremely hard to find.  Imagine my surprise while cruising the internet on cyber Monday when I found them on sale!  I grabbed a pair in my size & they were on the porch when I got home.  I haven't taken them for a run yet but I'm excited to, maybe this weekend!  They're a little different, they're designed with a bare foot running approach, not nearly as much padding as my Asics.  I'll let you know how it goes...
Joe was off so he was in charge of dinner & decided to make turkey meatloaf, stuffin' muffins & broccoli = 759 calories.  While he was slaving away in the kitchen Angela came over & we did a 40 min Jackie Warner DVD in the living room, it was very similar to group power.  
amazon.com
The timing was perfect.  Dinner came out of the oven just as we finished our cool down stretch.  (i just noticed my dinners are all looking very similar lately...)
We were craving Wendy's Frosty after not getting them the night before.  Joe ran over with our coupon book and brought home a Jr for each of us = 150 calories.
We spent the rest of the evening hanging out on the couch switching between DVR recordings and the Flyer's game.  Oh, and playing angry birds.  The new "seasons" release came out this morning so now you can play Halloween themed boards & there's an angry birds advent calendar so each day of December a new board opens up.  We spent about an hour & a half sitting next to each other on the couch with our respective phones out playing in silence...
source
Daily wrap up:
1. completed 45 fitness minutes
2. 3 servings of fruits/veggies...I really need to get on top of this one...I've already missed 7 days & I'm only allotted 10...
3. 64 ounces of water...check
4. Tracking: 2398 calories burned - 1505 calories eaten = total 893 total calories burned
5. I didn't do anything extremely relaxing.
6. No weight in until 12/3.

1 comment:

  1. Playing Angry Birds could be considered relaxing? And I still am jealous. I want a pair!!! But I already have like 8 pairs of running sneakers....
    ~Ang

    ReplyDelete