12/27/2010

12/26 - Day 35

It was a snowy Sunday!  The weatherman started talking about the "blizzard" that was heading our way on Saturday night.  For the most part South Jersey doesn't get a lot of snow, we always hear weather reports about how it's going to be the storm of the century and it's never more then a dusting.  I tend to subscribe to the believe it when I see it frame of thinking.  Needless to say when I woke up Sunday to a dusting on the front lawn I was a little bummed I would have to go in to the restaurant.  

Nothing in our fridge looked appetizing so I went in to work without eating.  We were so slow, the snow was getting heavy as the morning wore on and people must have been staying inside...  I made $28 and was home by 11am...  All that down time gave me plenty of opportunity to eat...I managed to only consume 2 slices of toast with butter & jelly.
 first slice had grape
 second was strawberry

I tried to clean up a little and I put our new memory foam mattress pad on the bed.  If I would have realized what a production it was going to be I would have taken pictures.  The pad is vacuum packed & weighs a ton but it is about the best investment we've ever made.  It's seriously so comfortable, your whole body just sinks in, it's so supportive my back actually hurts when I first lay down.  After I had the bed made up I microwaved some leftovers from xmas dinner, ham & broccoli casserole.
Because I've been such a slacker on the picture front I made sure to take some shots of the snow.  This is at about 4pm.  I didn't measure but we must have gotten somewhere between 12 and 18 inches. 
 back deck
 the drift at the back door
 view from the front door, those lit trees are about 12" tall
 The windy snowy weather put me in the mood for some hot chocolate.  I decided to test out some of the butterscotch powder from my Tastefully Simple party.  It was delicious but I'm sure it was worth the calories. I have such an issue with drinking a snack.
We had two pizzas from the restaurant that needed to be cooked for dinner.  They had been in the fridge for a few days so Mike was worried about how they'd come out.  The dough didn't rise very well but it was still tasty.
The snow was still coming down when we went to bed.  I was pretty sure I'd have to go to work in the morning anyway, our department is considered essential staff so we're supposed to go in even during a state of emergency.  Plus it was going to be extra hard to get out of bed with that mattress pad.



Daily wrap up:
1. completed 0 fitness minutes - goal met, at 1435 now
2. 1 servings of fruits/veggies - goal failed
3. 64 ounces of water...check
4. Tracking: 1982 calories burned - 1489 calories eaten = total 493 calories burned...
5. I had a pretty ok day, nothing stressful but nothing special... - goal met
6. I got on the scale this morning (Monday) and came in at 150, so my goal is still met but I need to get back to the gym...I haven't worked out since Wednesday and I feel terrible...

1 comment:

  1. Way to go on the fitness minutes! We had pizza from Mike too and it was SO GOOD. Ours kept in the fridge from Friday to Sunday. Came out fine! And according to accueather.com, EHT got a little over 17 inches! Crazy!
    ~Ang

    ReplyDelete