12/23/2010

12/22 - Day 31

I'm really excited about my fitness plans for the next 6 months or so, seriously who thought I would ever say that?  I went for a run last night with Joe...it was 32 degrees out...I actually enjoyed myself! 

There are some big things planned for the spring/summer & I'm thinking about taking part.  Apparently a group of AtlantiCare people are talking about doing the Broad Street run in Philly, it's 10 miles.  That seems really far but I think I could maybe get there by May, Kat's thinking about doing it which is good motivation too.  Plus Angela is training for another half marathon, I'm thinking if I work with her that would prep me nicely for 10 miles since it's a shorter distance.  Also, Angela & Rob are planning to do The American Cancer Society's 61 mile bike ride from Philly to Buena in July...I'm checking with my dad to see if he's done it and what his thoughts are, if he gives it a good review maybe I'll do that too.  Who am I and what happened to Lauren??

I may not have made the most healthy food choices on Wednesday but I still feel good about the day overall.  We were having brunch brought in by one of our vendors from Panera Bread so I made sure not to eat breakfast before coming to work.  Instead I had the smallest slice of Lori's pumpkin roll, seriously it's the best thing in the world!
Brunch was delivered around 11 & I had a 4 cheese souffle & some strawberries with granola and yogurt.  Both were extremely delicious!  I was pleasantly surprised when I checked my phone that the 4 cheese option was the souffle lowest in calories. 
After work Joe & I planned to go for a run, we hadn't gone since right after Thanksgiving!  I was planning on making a rule about only running between 40-80 degrees but I may have to change that to 30-80 degrees if I'm going to try training for these long runs.  The run went well overall, we did about 2.5 miles in 27 minutes, I tried to use my new sporty pal app on my phone but it had a hard time locating us at the beginning.  Here I am all suited up...the shirt & headband kept me pretty warm but my fancy fleece lined running tights have gotten too big and I had to hike them up every block or so.  No worries though, I ordered a new smaller pair when we got home :-) 
Nicole & Lou invited us over for a fancy prime rib dinner so we changed out of our running clothes and got over there as soon as we were done.  Don't worry I didn't eat all this food, Lou just kept loading up my plate, it was funny, I'd say "that's plenty thanks" and another scoop would be plopped on my plate.  I ate all the asparagus, 3/4 of the potato & 3/4 of the steak.  My arm was also twisted into half a glass of wine...
 
Nicole made delicious personal sized berry peach cobblers.  They were fantastic!  It worked out nicely too because Joe didn't want the peach & I didn't want the berry so we'd eat what we wanted then switch. 
Daily wrap up:
1. completed 45 fitness minutes - goal met, at 1435 now
2. 4 servings of fruits/veggies - goal failed
3. 64 ounces of water...check
4. Tracking: 2352 calories burned - 1794 calories eaten = total 558 calories burned...not great and I'm concerned today is going to be worse, I'm supposed to go to a holiday party tonight & won't have time to work out...
5. I had a good day/night, but not worthy of a relaxing title... - goal met
6. I got on the scale this morning (Thursday) to see if I held at 149 & I did!  Super excited, just need to keep it up until 12/31...

1 comment:

  1. All the food looks so yummy! And great job on the run in the cold! Sometimes its nice when its not windy! Way to go!!!
    ~Ang

    ReplyDelete