9/09/2011

September 8th

Joe had to give a presentation at work at 8am on Thursday morning so he was out the door before I even started getting ready.  I made myself a fruit smoothie for breakfast (310 calories) and packed a turkey sandwich and fruit for lunch.  Around 11am one of our vendors had the audacity to bring in an entire tray of Chik-fil-a nuggets. Seriously!  They are like the best chicken nuggets ever and there was no way I was going to be able to pass them up.  I mean a pretzel tray, no problem, donuts, no thanks but freaking Chik-fil-a nuggets!  I had 6 (195 calories).
Brittany demanded I come up and have lunch with her around 1:30 and even though I wasn't hungry I ate my sandwich and a peach (345 calories).  I also had a few bites of strawberry ice cream and the delicious lava cake that had been heated up and passed around again (360 calories).
I've realized that one of my biggest issues is eating when I'm not hungry just because it's time to eat.  I'm trying to think before I put food in my mouth so I can cut this behavior out.  But I also knew I wasn't going to be home until late because of my hair appointment so I figured eating more earlier might keep my stomach from growling while I was in the chair.  I went straight from work to the salon and was super excited to get my hair done.  I was sick of the way my hair had been laying, sick of the color and just frustrated.  I'll be the first to say that I have nice hair, it's thick and shiny and normally I get a lot of compliments on it so it really bothers me when it acts up.
I decided to give up on the growing out process, I like my hair short anyway so why am I fighting it?  I didn't want any kind of drastic cut, she just shaped it up so that it can be easily styled again.  My color hadn't been done in more then 6 months and was bleached and brassy from the sun so we decided to add in some red tones so it would have more of a fall feel.  I'm pretty sure I like it.  I would have preferred a more dramatic change but it's growing on me.
I got home around 8pm and Joe was on the couch watching the Phillies.  I wasn't really hungry but grabbed a handful of chips as I came through the kitchen anyway (160 calories).
I still needed a lot of steps to reach my goal, after all I'd been sitting pretty much the entire day.  I texted Nicole that I was bored and Joe was watching the Phillies instead of entertaining me.  She said that she was having a hard getting Jack to sleep and a walk might help.  Like 30 seconds later she was at my front door and we were off.  We wandered the plaza across the street and then walked over to CVS but it didn't help Jack, I think there was too much for him to look at, oh well.  When we parted ways I was still about 2500 steps from my goal so I paced the living room for a little while until Joe got tired of watching me and offered to walk with me outside.  We went over to ShopRite and couldn't think of anything we needed so we wandered aimlessly.  In the clearance bread area we found whole wheat croissants for $1.64 and couldn't pass them up.
We were back home by 10ish and I went straight upstairs to bed.  I've been so tired lately and I just can't seem to get to bed early enough to give me a full eight hours.

1. Use my kayak at least three times ~ 0 times total.
2. At least 25 days with a 750+ calorie burn ~ breakfast: 310 + lunch: 345 + dinner: 0 + snacks: 715 = 1370 calories, 2095 burned - 1370 = -725 total = 3 days total.  I've already used all my cheat days!  Something tells me the rest of this month won't be fun...
3. Complete 1250 fitness minutes ~ 0 minutes of anything = 150 minutes total.
4. At least 25 days with 10,000 steps or more ~ 10330 steps = 8 days total.
5.  Set up ebay selling site ~ didn't start yet

No comments:

Post a Comment