9/08/2011

September 6th

I had big plans for Tuesday, I was a new Lauren, I was going to eat healthy and workout!  My plan was to keep my eating under control all day and then do P90X with Nicole after work.  I even sent her a message before I got out of bed asking if we were definitely on and she responded that barring a freak of nature (her husband surprising her for their anniversary) we were on.  (Can you see where this is going?)  

I started the morning with a raspberry yogurt smoothie (289 calories).  It occurred to me sometime over the weekend that I could use the flavored greek yogurts that I don't like in smoothies instead of forcing them down.  Don't get me wrong I like the blueberry, strawberry & raspberry yogurt flavors it's just the pieces of  fruit that kind of gross me out, but for some reason I'm totally ok with peach, pineapple, mango, etc...
For lunch I packed another greek yogurt, grapes, a peach and a granola bar (378 calories).  I left the office a few minutes early for a dentist appointment and chatted with Nicole on the drive over.  I was across town and at my appointment in no time so I told her I call her back on the way home and we said goodbye.  My teeth were cleaned without incident although the hygienist told me I accumulate plaque in strange places...but no cavities so I'm not concerned.  I called Nicole on the way home but she didn't answer, I assumed they were eating dinner and went home to do the same.  I was absolutely starving when I walked in the house so I immediately polished off the left over honey BBQ chips from Monday night (160 calories) then hopped on the computer and tried to call Nicole again, no answer.  I decided to go ahead and eat dinner, we could workout later.  I scooped out two cups of pasta salad from the BBQ, added some corn that Kat and I had cut off the cobb after everyone left and a little balsamic vinaigrette dressing to loosen it up (499 calories).
Joe came home from work a little while later to a seriously unhappy girlfriend.  I was really beating myself up about my eating I had now finished off the last of the peanut butter pretzel sandwiches.  He asked if I'd worked out and I said no that Nicole hates me and won't call me back (dramatic, me, never).  After he had some dinner and changed out of work clothes we went for a walk to get my steps in.  We stopped in Five Below where Joe played with some foam swords, if they had a price I'm sure he would have taken one home.
Next we stopped at ShopRite where we picked up a few odds and ends, some gum, a loaf of sourdough for panninis and an ironing board cover.  Joe tried to say I was getting everything I wanted but really he suggested everything except the can of pumpkin I plan to use in oatmeal and smoothies.


Now you may be wondering why I didn't just go knock on Nicole's door this entire time.  I had really hoped that Lou and come home and surprised her with some wonderful anniversary night so I didn't want to interrupt.  Turns out her phone was just acting up, the next day she got 6 voice mails...  But seriously it's not Nicole's fault I didn't work out and I shouldn't even kid about blaming her.  I need to get back on the wagon!  There wasn't anything stopping me from doing that video by myself except me.

1. Use my kayak at least three times ~ 0 times total.
2. At least 25 days with a 750+ calorie burn ~ breakfast: 289 + lunch: 378 + dinner: 809 + snacks: 70 = 1546 calories, 2126 burned - 1546 = -580 total = 2 days total. 
3. Complete 1250 fitness minutes ~ 0 minutes of anything = 90 minutes total.
4. At least 25 days with 10,000 steps or more ~ 10033 steps = 6 days total.
5.  Set up ebay selling site ~ didn't start yet

1 comment:

  1. Uh, all the yogurt flavors you don't like have little bitty seeds in them. Just a thought.
    ~Ang

    ReplyDelete