9/07/2011

September 3rd

I was so not ready to get up when the alarm went off on Saturday morning.  Luckily I still had another 30 minutes of lounging until I really had to get out of bed and go pick up Jack.  I rolled over to get comfortable again and met with this:
That would be Ian sitting directly next to my head.  He scared me half to death and there was no going back to sleep after that.  I grabbed my computer and tried to play on Facebook for a little while but our internet connection has been wonky lately so I got frustrated and got up.  Luckily Jack isn't picky and doesn't mind that I don't shower for our mornings together, just a quick teeth and hair brushing then I'm out the door.  Once Nicole was off to work we went home to get Joe's butt up so we could head to breakfast.  I had an egg white omelet with tomato, onion and cheese with rye toast and a couple of home fries (449 calories).
Jack and I didn't do anything too exciting, we were planning to meet Lorie & Alayna for a walk or something but the timing just didn't pan out.  We ended up hanging around the house most of the morning and thankfully he took a good nap before Nicole got home because we were planning to do some serious shopping that afternoon.  


Lou's sister is getting married in a few weeks and we were determined to find Nicole a dress.  I feel like I need to preface this by explaining that Nicole isn't extremely adventurous in her clothing choices; she tends to go for neutrals, safe patterns and cuts.  That's why she brought me, to help her change things up!  I wandered the aisles pulling anything in her size I thought was cute then we headed to the dressing room.
We were only allowed 8 items each at a time and there were at least 25 dresses in our cart so it took some time to get through them all.  Especially since I demanded Nicole come out and show me each dress whether she liked it or not.  We ended up finding her two really nice dresses, a fitted purple one and a tiered black one.  I was pulling for the purple but she felt more comfortable in the black plus it was cheaper so done and done.  


Next it was my turn, I found a few cute things but nothing that really made me say I NEED THIS until I got to the bottom of the pile.  I had pulled a blue polka dot Calvin Klein dress without a price, when I tried it on I found out the zipper was broken so I figured it was a lost cause.  When I brought it back out without trying it on Nicole said it was too cute to pass on and took it to the counter for a price.  They said $20 and when she showed them the zipper they dropped it to $15!  Now that I had a price I debated buying it and getting the zipper replaced but I still wasn't sure because it's pretty summery and the season is over.  While I was going back and forth in my head I played with the zipper and actually got it to go up!  Now that I could try it on it was a whole different story.  I got it on and zipped up then came out to show Nicole, it was obvious I need this dress!
We had hoped to stop at a friend's BBQ on the way home but time got away from us and I had to get home to shower so that I would be ready to head to Chris' 50th birthday party when Joe got home.  I was starving so I inhaled a bowl of frosted mini wheats with a banana and almond milk (473 calories) before getting ready.  This was out first trip to their new place on the bay in Ocean City and after staying at the house in Utah we knew it would be nice.  Here's the view from their deck:
Since I had just eaten the bowl of cereal I wasn't super hungry but they had my #1 favorite junk food and I just couldn't stay away...stale cheese puffs!  I love them!  The cheesy goodness and soft texture!  I finally had to make Joe take them away from me so I'd stop sucking them back.
Chris got a lot of gag gifts including a visor with fake hair!
We hung out on the deck until just before dark when the bugs starting biting.
I had been totally unaware of Chris' fish obsession until that night.  They have 2 large salt water tanks and 1 large fresh water tank.  They're absolutely beautiful it's like watching a screen saver, lol.
Carol even showed us how she hand feeds their largest fish fresh fruit and meat.  She offered to let me try but I was afraid he'd bite me.
We hung out until almost 11pm before calling it a night.  Even though I wasn't hungry I still managed to snack and drink close to 800 calories while we were there...bad girl...

1. Use my kayak at least three times ~ 0 times total.
2. At least 25 days with a 750+ calorie burn ~ breakfast: 449 + lunch: 0 + dinner: 781 + snacks: 473 = 1703 calories, 2038 burned - 1703 = -335 total = 1 day total. 
3. Complete 1250 fitness minutes ~ 0 minutes of anything = 90 minutes total.
4. At least 25 days with 10,000 steps or more ~ 10267 steps = 3 days total.
5.  Set up ebay selling site ~ didn't start yet

1 comment:

  1. You are right that dress looks amazing on you! What a steal. I swear I don't have that kind of luck when I go to TJ Maxx but I think I am going to have to give it a whirl again!

    ReplyDelete