9/29/2011

September 24th

On Saturday we had plans to go whale watching with Kat & Mark using some tickets I purchased on Groupon a few months prior.  Joe and I were up pretty early considering the events of the night before and decided to head across the street for a quick breakfast.  Mike totally redeemed himself and made me the most delicious breakfast sandwich I've ever eaten.  It was tomato, ham, cheese & egg whites on a kaiser roll (514 calories) and it was totally fantastic, I plan to order it exclusively from now on.  Someone drank too much the night before and wasn't feeling so hot and could barely eat his breakfast, he even suggested I find a different date for the trip.  
I wouldn't let Joe out of the trip and he was a trooper.  We got down to Cape May a little early so we checked in with the boat then wandered around town for a little while looking for some Gatorade for my poor dehydrated boyfriend.
Mark was very impressed by this giant swordfish.
We boarded the boat just before 1pm and were happy that the forecast-ed rain seemed to be missing us.
We rented some binoculars and did our best to spot the wildlife our guide described; Joe tried to keep breakfast down.


As we headed further out to sea I had some time to take pictures; Joe was really thrilled.
Pretty soon we were surrounded by dolphins!




After spending about a 1/2 hour with the dolphins we headed even further out into the ocean in search of whales.  Unfortunately the rocking of the boat didn't agree with Kat and she got a little sea sick.  We were just about to head back to shore when the captain got a call that another ship had spotted whales!
We converged on the area with a few other sightseeing boats and before long we spotted a humpback!  I think the guide was more excited then those of us on the trip.  They don't guarantee you'll see a whale on these trips and I'm guessing it doesn't happen very often.   
We spent close to an hour following the two whales around before having to head back because we were already over our allotted time.  It's really hard taking pictures of animals that only surface for a few seconds then hide under the water for long periods of time!
We were all pretty hungry when we got off the boat but Kat was in no shape to eat so we headed for home.  I heated up a piece of leftover eggplant lasagna (395 calories) the minute we walked in the door.  Joe was feeling much better by this point and offered to go for a walk with me so I could get my steps in.  We decided to wander over to Pier1, they normally close before our walks so I was excited to look around.  I found a ton of adorable decorations that I'm really hoping show up in my house.




On the way home we stopped at Starbucks and I had a Pumpkin Spice latte (200 calories).  It totally wasn't worth it, I much prefer my Keurig Perfectly Pumpkin K-cups.  I'll definitely be sticking to my 90 calorie Skinny Cinnamon Dolce latte from now on.
I was still short on steps when we got home so I threw on some shorts and sneakers and hit the treadmill.  I grabbed a copy of Self magazine I've been meaning to read and knocked out my steps in no time.
1. Use my kayak at least three times ~ 0 times total.
2. At least 25 days with a 750+ calorie burn ~ breakfast: 514 + lunch: 0 + dinner: 395 + snacks: 280 = 1189 calories, 2082 burned - 1189 = -893 total = 11 days total.  goal failed
3. Complete 1250 fitness minutes ~ 0 minutes of anything = 672 minutes total.
4. At least 25 days with 10,000 steps or more ~ 10159 steps = 19 days total.
5.  Set up ebay selling site ~ didn't start yet

No comments:

Post a Comment