9/19/2011

September 18th

Happy Monday!  I had such a nice weekend, I really need to spend more time doing nothing!  

Joe woke up on Sunday morning with bagels on the mind, I think it was mostly vacation on his mind though.  Once he finished his shift at 6:30pm he would be off for 8 days!  He's so lucky, I wish I had that kind of time accumulated!  Although he puts it a lot of hours to accumulate all that time off.  Maybe I'll just be happy with what I've got :-)  Anyway, he offered to go pick up bagels for breakfast after he was dressed and ready to go to work.  He came back with my favorite, french toast bagels!  Yummy!  I toasted mine and topped it with low fat cream cheese and sliced banana (527 calories).
I had plans to exercise with Kat at some point on Sunday and she's no slacker.  I got a text right as I finished eating asking if I was game for a trail run.  I had never done one before but figured after the hiking in Utah it couldn't be that bad.  We made plans to meet up around 11am.
Kat, her fiance Mark and their dog Charlee had done this same route the day before and warned me it was tough.  We planned on doing 1 lap then seeing how we felt to continue.  They were under the impression the loop as between 2 and 3 miles but after our first trip around I had to break the news that it's only 1.5 miles.  Let me tell you, between the sand and hills and wooded trails it felt like much more.  I was definitely winded after our first lap but we all decided we would try for another.


It's definitely pretty scenery and a nice change from the treadmill and bike path.  I had no idea there was this little area practically in the middle of a neighborhood.  It needs some cleaning up though, we ran past plenty of junk people have dumped, I think if we can get a bunch of our friends together we could have it presentable in no time.
We had a great time and decided we should do it again next weekend since Joe's off; he's going to be so excited!  
Kat and Mark invited me to stay for lunch since we were all pretty hungry.  We had tuna sandwiches with sliced nectarine (340 calories).  I love that Kat's so health conscience; I knew whatever she served would be healthy!
I spent the next couple hours lounging around their living room chatting about work, life, real estate and eventually pried my butt off their couch and went home to shower.  We had plans for birthday cake at Joe's parent's house when he got home from work.  I really wanted to eat dinner before we went so I wouldn't be tempted to eat a lot but I just wasn't hungry for anything more then a granola bar (90 calories).  I must have changed clothes 4 times before deciding what to wear.  I'm telling you it's the worst trying to decide between flip flops & boots, flip flops won out this time but paired with a wrap sweater and jeans.
 I had a small piece of cake and come ice cream (306 calories).  I really appreciate that Joe's mom takes my healthy lifestyle into consideration and buys low calorie options whenever we come over.
Joe hadn't eaten dinner or lunch for that matter and wanted to stop and pick something up on the way home.  I still wasn't very hungry so I didn't put up much of a fight when he pulled into McDonald's to get 20 chicken nuggets for $5.  It's no wonder our society is obese...  I had 4 nuggets if an effort to try all the dipping sauces (190 calories).
I had been fighting a migraine all evening and no matter how badly I wanted to stay up and watch the Emmy's I just couldn't.  I went up to bed around 10 and I think Joe was pretty happy about that because it meant he could use the tv and flip back and forth between the Eagles & the Phillies.
1. Use my kayak at least three times ~ 0 times total.
2. At least 25 days with a 750+ calorie burn ~ breakfast: 527 + lunch: 340 + dinner: 190 + snacks: 396 = 1453 calories, 2029 burned - 1453 = -576 total = 7 days total.  goal failed
3. Complete 1250 fitness minutes ~ 37 minutes of anything = 442 minutes total.
4. At least 25 days with 10,000 steps or more ~ 10113 steps = 14 days total.
5.  Set up ebay selling site ~ didn't start yet

No comments:

Post a Comment