9/08/2011

September 5th

While Sunday was pretty mellow, Monday was anything but.  My friend Stephanie had asked me to go shopping with her before the new school year started.  Her husband gave her a $500 budget and she hoped I could help her find some great deals.  We of course put it off until the last possible moment and scheduled our trip for the day before school started and the day Joe & I were having a BBQ.

I got up with Joe and while he got ready for work I had a smoothie with blueberry yogurt and banana (290 calories).  Stephanie picked me up just after 9am, we were getting an early start because I had to be home by 3pm to clean and prep for the BBQ.  We decided to go up to the Deptford Mall because there are way more options there, including The Limited!  We were in luck because all of the stores were having Labor Day sales.  The Limited was offering 40% off all regularly priced items but as usual I headed straight for the sales rack.  I even tried on a romper!  It was cute but I really couldn't justify buying a $30+ romper the last weekend of summer, when would I wear it?  I did end up with a couple of cute dresses that I'm planning to wear in the near future for some special occasions and a few other assorted work pieces.  Stephanie was very happy with The Limited's fit and we made plans to come back up again when our virtual dollars are activated towards the end of October.  Oh, and I got recognized by the sales associate!  While we were checking out he mentioned that it's always busy when I come in!  Seriously, I've only been there 3 times!
After cleaning out The Limited we were ready for a snack.  We didn't want to waste any shopping time sitting down so we grabbed pretzels & sodas from Auntie Anne's (310 calories).
Next we hit Ann Taylor Loft where I scored a couple of scarves, belts and a wrap sweater that I'm absolutely in love with all for 40% off.  Then it was off to Victoria's Secret, I needed some new panties since my butt shrank for a large to a medium, wahoo!  I got 8 pairs for $25 thanks to a sale and coupon.  Our final two stops were The Gap and New York & Company.  I was pretty disappointed with The Gap and only picked up one zip up cardigan sweater.  Everything seemed a little plain for the price, I left like I should be getting a little more for my money.  I bought another dress at NY & Co and a few tops to wear to work.  All of the stores were giving out their version of virtual dollars, you know, spend $30 and get $15 off type of a thing.  Something tells me there will be a lot more shopping in my future the next month or so.

Stephanie dropped me off at home just before 3pm and I got right into the shower then started cleaning up the house.  Luckily we had planned a pot luck BBQ so all Joe and I were responsible for was burgers and hot dogs so there wasn't a lot of prep to do.  In no time people were knocking on the door with delicious side dishes.  There was so much food!
spinach salad from Kat & Mark and cole slow from Shana & Bill
oreo truffles and deviled eggs from Kristen & John
pasta salad from Nicole & Lou (she was nice enough to make the recipe I'd been wanting to try) and taco salad from Tammy & Vic
potato salad from Kate & Mark and cannoli dip from Tammy & Vic
chocolate cake from Lorie and fruit salad from Angela & Rob
not to mention the hot dogs wrapped in prosciutto, cheeseburgers with fried egg, pork roll and corn on the cobb Joe & I provided.  You better believe I tried everything; which would account for 2012 calories I consumed that night (AAAAAA!)!  I sort just threw the rules out the window.  I figure it was our last BBQ of the season and I probably won't be eating any of this stuff for the next 6 months.













We had a really great night with all of our favorites!  The kids played really well together and the adults got to enjoy a drink and some adult conversation.  Everyone is really excited to get together again for Joe's birthday party at the end of the month too.  The funniest part was, because everyone had to go to work/school the next day they were all gone by 10pm.

1. Use my kayak at least three times ~ 0 times total.
2. At least 25 days with a 750+ calorie burn ~ breakfast: 290 + lunch: 310 + dinner: 2012 + snacks: 0 = 2612 calories, 2268 burned - 2612 = +344 total = 2 days total. 
3. Complete 1250 fitness minutes ~ 0 minutes of anything = 90 minutes total.
4. At least 25 days with 10,000 steps or more ~ 12259 steps = 5 days total.
5.  Set up ebay selling site ~ didn't start yet

1 comment:

  1. Ah Rob and I look like we don't want to be anywhere near each other in that picture! Haha!

    And isn't it almost nice that everyone was actually gone at a normal time?
    ~Ang

    ReplyDelete