Wahoo! Fall is almost here! I'm super excited to start wearing sweaters and boots again! The weather has been really nice since we've been back and I'm really hoping we won't have any more heat waves, just a nice steady progression into cooler weather. September is always a busy month for us, we have five birthdays; one of which is Joe's so we're always out celebrating something. I seriously considered skipping my goals this month because of how majorly I failed in August. Did you see? The only one I actually accomplished was my steps! In my own defense I think I took on too much with an 8 day vacation at the end. I've decided to power on and still set a few goals though.
1. Use my kayak at least three times. After all that hassle of buying the thing, cutting my hand and breaking my mom's windshield trying to get it home, I still haven't actually used it! I need to get a life vest but other then that it's good to go and I'm determined to get it out on the water before we put it away for the winter.
2. At least 25 days with a 750+ calorie burn. I'm pretty sure this one is self explanatory. If I want any chance of losing these last 5 pounds to hit my goal weight I need to continue tracking and managing my food appropriately.
3. Complete 1250 fitness minutes. I've been a terrible slacker the last two months and haven't gotten there. Hopefully my gym buddies will keep me in line and help get my butt there more often.
4. At least 25 days with 10,000 steps or more. I've sung the praises of my fitbit enough but once again...the walking really helps me stay active and burn more calories (although I'm still going to need to find time to watch all the new shows as they premiere for the season!) and Joe and I spend more quality time together walking.
5. Set up ebay selling site. I don't really like to talk money around these parts but things have been super tight for me lately thanks to some unexpected expenses over the summer. I really don't want to get another waitressing job so I'm hoping that selling my bigger clothes and other things on ebay will help supplement my income until I can build my savings up again.
And away we go...
Thursday morning wasn't pretty. Late Wednesday night we learned that some friends of ours got engaged. And while I'm extremely happy for them and excited that we'll probably have another wedding to attend, it still makes me sad that I'M not engaged. Joe and I talk about the future regularly enough but I'm not a patient person and my jealous/pouty side rears it's ugly head when I get news like that. The worst part of it is that Joe and I have totally different styles of handling stress, I want to talk talk talk, I need it all out and discussed but when he's stressed he shuts down. You can imagine how the following 12 hours go... Well, he had to be at a meeting early so I was all by myself with my thoughts while I got ready for work Thursday morning. I had a glass of Trop 50, a banana and a granola bar for breakfast (345 calories) then packed myself my usual greek yogurt and fruit for lunch. Then right before I ran out the door I dumped everything in the crock pot for dinner. In case you're interested it was a 2.6 lb slab of corned beef, 3 cups of apple juice, 1/2 cup brown sugar, 1 tbsp of mustard, a small head of cabbage, 4 red potatoes, 1/2 an onion and 3 carrots on low for 8-10 hours.
For some reason everyone in my office decided to order lunch from Jalapenos & Salads. We NEVER order lunch, a few people will run out and pick something up occasionally but mostly we all brown bag it. When I asked what all the chatter was about Brittany told me I was ordering lunch. Well, ok then, I got a grilled chicken burrito (400 calories) and it was yummy.
Once I had a chance to calm down and think rationally about the engagement situation I sent Joe an email letting him know how I felt. Sometimes I think it's better that way because it takes most of the emotion out of what's being said. It's easier to hear the actual words when you're not looking at the pained expression or focusing on the tone of the other person's voice. After that everything seemed back to normal :-)
3. Complete 1250 fitness minutes ~ 60ish minutes of walking/caching = 60 minutes total.
4. At least 25 days with 10,000 steps or more ~ 12215 steps = 1 day total.
5. Set up ebay selling site ~ Didn't start yet; it'll probably be a day Joe and I have off together and there aren't any of those for a while...