9/23/2011

September 22nd

Thursday started off really well.  I got up and dressed without incident, the internet was running smoothly for my morning email/Facebook check in, I was actually on time instead of running around like a crazy person.  I had a smoothie (297 calories) for breakfast, packed a peanut butter & jelly, an apple & a pear (424 calories) for lunch.  Then I got to work.  It's employee appreciation week in my office so we've been given all kinds of goodies (gift cards, pins, a watch).  So far I'm managed to keep my eating in check, but on Thursday my boss brought in a coconut pie.  When my 11am craving struck it was too much to resist and I had to have a tiny sliver (135 calories).
I'm sure I've mentioned that my office was recently renovated.  Our open house is next week and we were sent an email asking that we straighten up our offices and make sure all extraneous paperwork is filed.  Something tells me they were thinking about me when they composed that email...  I just really hate filing!
While driving home from work I was surprised to see chickens wandering around next the to road.  I do not live in a rural area so chickens are not something I see regularly.  Also, I drive this same route twice a day everyday and I've never seen them before.  I just had to take a picture when the light turned red.
Joe and I had been debating whether or not we should take the kayaks out all day.  The weather has been really crappy lately and I really didn't want to get stuck out on the water in the rain.  Lucky for me the tide wasn't right so it wouldn't work out anyway.  Instead I convinced Joe & Nicole to run with me.  We did C25K W5D2 which has at least one 8 minute run section.  As we were walking about the door my garmin watch died.  I was really pushing it trying to run when the battery was only 20% full but I had hoped it might make it.  Normally I would have used the SportyPal on my phone but I hadn't downloaded it onto my new phone yet.  I decided to go with Run Keeper instead this time, Shana uses it and likes it so why not?  I made Joe and Nicole wait a few minutes while I downloaded and installed the app and then we were off.  The bugs were terrible because of the humidity.  By the time I got home I easily had 5 welts from those damn mosquitos!
Joe made an eggplant lasagna (395 calories) for dinner and it was so good!  He went light on the sauce just how I like it and there's plenty leftover for this weekend!
After dinner Joe went out to meet his friend John at the bar to watch the Flyers and Phillies so I had the tv to myself!  It was so nice to be able to watch The Biggest Loser, Glee and Grey's Anatomy without his commenting every other second about how lame they are.  I love The Biggest Loser, I find it so inspiring!  If people that weigh 300+ pounds can get up and workout what the heck is stopping me?  I wasn't hungry but kept finding myself in the kitchen so I made a bag of popcorn (30 calories) in hopes of stuffing my face for less calories.
I had a hard time getting my steps in.  I had about 2000 left after our workout so I took to getting up and pacing the living room during commercial breaks.  The hardest part was that all the shows were on DVR so I could have fast forwarded right through them but I knew I should just get my butt up and do it.  I finally finished them up just before 11pm and then fell directly into bed and to sleep.
1. Use my kayak at least three times ~ 0 times total.
2. At least 25 days with a 750+ calorie burn ~ breakfast: 297 + lunch: 424 + dinner: 395 + snacks: 165 = 1281 calories, 2218 burned - 1281 = -937 total = 10 days total.  goal failed
3. Complete 1250 fitness minutes ~ 40 minutes of aerobics = 672 minutes total.
4. At least 25 days with 10,000 steps or more ~ 10047 steps = 18 days total.
5.  Set up ebay selling site ~ didn't start yet

No comments:

Post a Comment