9/17/2011

September 16th

The temperature must have dropped 20 degrees from Thursday night to Friday morning.  It was freezing when I got out of bed!  I grabbed a hot shower and jumped back into bed every 5 minutes the whole time I was getting ready to warm back up.  The funniest part was that when Joe finally got up to get ready he says "it's freezing in here" like he didn't believe me all morning!  I made myself some oatmeal with a banana, brown sugar and almond milk for breakfast (304 calories), it was the perfect option to warm me up and the cup of coffee didn't hurt either.

I'm going to be pretty sad when I run out of bagel thins next week and I can't have my favorite peanut butter & jelly on one!  I also grabbed the last peach, bummer.  We still have plenty of 100 calorie packs though.  (410 calories)  Brittany was playing with my new phone at lunch and snapped this picture of Shannon.  I figured why not share.  Note the cable knit sweater...yay for fall!
I so wasn't feeling the gym but I have to push through that way of thinking!  I texted Christina to make sure she & Joanne were still planning on meeting me then headed into the gym.  I did Kat's treadmill program again and finished my 2 miles in under 20 minutes!
I still hadn't heard from Christina but I set up all of our steps for group power anyway.  Finally around five minutes to six I gave away the set ups to some last minute additions since it didn't look like they were coming.  I finally heard from Christina about 15 minutes later.  It turns out something came up and she forgot to let me know.  It's probably best she didn't tell me though, I totally would have bailed if I had known.
I took it easy on the weights during class but was still feeling it.  For some reason the old release our instructor has been doing is so much harder then new stuff we've been doing.
I got a text from Nicole just before the end of class telling me to hurry up and get home because Lou & Jack weren't home yet and she'd have a few hours to herself for the first time in a long time.  Joe and I got home about the same time and were trying to figure out what to have for dinner when Nicole came over.  We all decided it was definitely a chinese night!  Yummy!  I had chicken & shrimp with vegetables, an egg roll, rice and a few cheese wontons (706 calories).

After dinner Nicole and I walked over to CVS to pick a few things up and finish off my steps.  Have I mentioned that my newest fitbit is messed up?  I've only had this one for 3 weeks and the display is so choppy that I can't see the numbers.  I've already written to support@fitbit.com but haven't heard anything back yet.  I'm expecting them to send me a new one, it's got to be under warranty.
We had so much fun wandering CVS and looking at make-up and hair products.  I don't buy a lot of that stuff.  I usually wait until I read a really good review then pick up a bunch of whatever items were recommended.  But it was all I could do not to buy a bunch of glittery eyeshadow, luckily I forgot my wallet so I didn't have the option!

1. Use my kayak at least three times ~ 0 times total.
2. At least 25 days with a 750+ calorie burn ~ breakfast: 304 + lunch: 410 + dinner: 706 + snacks: 0 = 1420 calories, 2472 burned - 1420 = -1052 total = 7 days total.  goal failed
3. Complete 1250 fitness minutes ~ 80 minutes of running/lifting = 405 minutes total.
4. At least 25 days with 10,000 steps or more ~ 10030 steps = 13 days total.
5.  Set up ebay selling site ~ didn't start yet

No comments:

Post a Comment