9/13/2011

September 10th

This past Saturday was my last one with Jack for a few weeks.  They have a wedding and a craft show coming up so we won't be hanging out again until October.  I'm not sure what I'll do with myself in the morning...sleep in maybe.  Anyway, Joe and I started our day by taking Jack out for breakfast to Fitzpatrick's.  I ordered egg whites, tomato, bacon and cheese on rye toast (382 calories).
We got Jack a short stack of french toast with strawberries but he was more interested in Joe's eggs so we'll definitely be ordering him something different next time.
After breakfast Joe had to head in to work so Jack and I were on our own.  I wasn't really sure what to do with the day so I called my mom to see what she was up to.  She suggested we head down to the Cape May County Park & Zoo for a geocaching event.  This way she'd have company for the ride down to see her friends and Jack could check out the animals.  She wasn't quite ready to leave yet so while she showered and got ready we went over to DSW.  Kat and Mark's engagement party was that evening and I had a dress all picked out but wasn't sure about shoes.  Unfortunately when we got there at 9:30 we found out they don't open until 10; but guess what is open at 9?  The Christmas Tree Shops!  I love that place!  It's the best for finding seasonal decorations on the cheap.
It was adorable, Jack know how to say owl now so I after I picked up the "speak no evil" owl he kept pointing out the others around the store.  I also grabbed a cute pumpkin candle holder, some dish towels (ours seem to be disappearing left and right) and halloween window clings all for $12.
Thankfully DSW opened their doors a few minutes early so we were able to get in and check out the sale section without having to wait around too long.
I picked up these sandals to wear to the engagement party.  I thought they had just enough nautical feel to go with my navy and red striped dress.
I also grabbed these clogs.  I couldn't resist their fuzzy lining and with $20 in reward coupons I ended up getting both pairs for under $50!  Of course I called Tammy to review my shoe purchase on the way home and she suggested I wear gold shoes and accessories instead...
Next we picked up my mom and headed for Cape May.  The zoo is absolutely adorable.  First, it's free, which is awesome.  It's a really nice zoo and they do everything purely on donations.  With all the animals around lion, tigers, bears (oh my) this kid only got excited about the ducks!
After a few hours of checking out the animals we stopped to visit my mom's caching buddies and they fed us some of their BBQ lunch.  I had a hot dog and split a soft pretzel with Jack (489 calories).
I realized on our drive home that I hadn't gotten a present for Kat & Mark yet!  We detoured to Bed, Bath & Beyond wear I picked up a food processor and a wine bottle opener for them and these adorable place mats for me.
One of the first times I hung out with Kat, she cooked dinner for us at her house and when the recipe called for chopping and combining a bunch of ingredients she had to do it in the blender and it was pretty amusing.  Hence the food processor.


By the time I dropped off my mom & Jack it was time to start getting ready for the party.  I showered and started to get dressed then realized I had a couple of wardrobe issues.  First, my dress only has the one strap and I don't have a decent strapless bra.  I have what I've deemed the "super bra" from my sister's wedding but it gives me practically indecent cleavage and could not be worn around people I'd never met before.  So I did what any sane person does, I took an old bra that's too big for me and cut it so that it only had one strap as well.  Then I got some fashion tape and taped not only the bra but the side of the dress to me so that it would all stay in place (the goo still hasn't totally come off my skin).  Plus it was raining so I couldn't wear my new off white shoes because the fabric would probably get dirty and stain.  I decided to go Tammy's route, gold shoes and accessories.  I grabbed a pair of gold flip flops & big gold earrings then realized that Shana had borrowed ALL of my gold bracelets for a wedding and was out of town!  Before I knew Sean & Amy were pulling up to pick me up so I said screw it and headed out.
The party was really fun and Kat did a great job decorating and putting everything together.  Especially considering it started raining one hour before the party started and everything was supposed to be outside!
I didn't take pictures of most of the important stuff because Mark made the most delicious punch and after four glasses I'm just happy that the pictures I did take are in focus.







1. Use my kayak at least three times ~ 0 times total.
2. At least 25 days with a 750+ calorie burn ~ breakfast: 382 + lunch: 489 + dinner: 1097 + snacks: 0 = 1968 calories, 2282 burned - 1968 = -314 total = 4 days total.  goal failed
3. Complete 1250 fitness minutes ~ 0 minutes of anything = 231 minutes total.
4. At least 25 days with 10,000 steps or more ~ 11044 steps = 10 days total.
5.  Set up ebay selling site ~ didn't start yet

1 comment:

  1. Um, I have those exact shoes in a brownish green color. You've probably seen me in them many times this summer. LoL! Very cute! Oh, and the are CRAZY comfy, they never hurt my feet at all :) I've actually thought about getting a second pair (perhaps in white? from DSW? :P )
    ~Ang

    ReplyDelete