9/16/2011

September 12th

I can't believe I'm so far behind again!  But really it's all Monday's fault!  I spent the day working a charity golf tournament for work and I didn't get home until after 8pm.  I was so exhausted that there was no way I was going to get any blogging done which then put me 4 posts behind and everything just spiraled out of control from there.  

But back to Monday, I woke up and got ready for the tournament.  It was so nice already knowing what I had to wear and just throwing it on.  I used the last of the chocolate protein powder on shakes for Joe & myself (384 calories) then headed to the office for a few hours.  I tired to power through as much paperwork as possible before leaving around 10:45am.
It was a beautiful day to be outside, clear sunny skies as far as I could see.  I was stationed at the Atlantic City Country Club in Northfield.  I almost feel like we've grown up with this club.  My 8th grade dance was there, Joe played on the golf team in high school and this was their "home" course.  He was one of the first to drink at the bar when they received their liquor license and we go there pretty regularly for brunch.  It was nice to spend the day somewhere that felt comfortable.  We've even talked about maybe getting married there when the time comes.  I was one of the first few volunteers there and they put me right to work on the registration table and give away area.

After most of the golfers had arrived I was told to go grab some lunch before heading to my first post.  Both my lunch and dinner were being provided at the event so I tried to pick healthy-ish options.  That would be a plate of grilled BBQ chicken with an enormous slice of tomato, some potato salad (I was bummed they didn't have any green salad) and a chocolate chip cookie (couldn't resist) (525 calories).
Shortly thereafter I whisked by golf cart off to the 12th green which would be my home for the next 2+ hours.  Apparently Joe and his friends built that bunker off to the right.
I spent the next couple of hours alternating between reading The Help on my kindle and chit chatting with golfers as they came through.  I almost got hit a few times!  My main purpose for being there was to measure the distance between the hole and the closest ball because there was a prize awarded to the person that got closest.
Around 3:30 it was time to change posts.  I was picked up by another golf cart and whisked back to the club house where I manned the giveaway table.  It was pretty cool because I priced, ordered and asked for donations of everything there.  I don't usually get to see my wares in action!
This time my view was of the Atlantic City skyline.  I was starting to get hungry around 4pm and like clock work the beverage cart pulled up so I had a diet Snapple iced tea and some crackers with cheese (63 calories)
As the final golfers came in from the course I helped round up the other volunteers and we all headed to another country up the street for the reception.  I asked if they needed any more help but was told to go get a drink, something to eat & enjoy myself.  So I bought some raffle tickets then did just that (961 calories).

Unfortunately I didn't win any of the raffle prizes but I shouldn't be surprised, I never do.  Once all the golfers cleared out it was time to clean up.  I stayed around until after 8pm helping the marketing/foundation ladies pack up the event.  I'm so happy that my boss was able to see my strengths and assign me as buyer for this department.  I really enjoy being able to help plan and execute events.  And Joe was pretty happy because I brought home a bunch of left over beer and wine from the event!
1. Use my kayak at least three times ~ 0 times total.
2. At least 25 days with a 750+ calorie burn ~ breakfast: 384 + lunch: 525 + dinner: 961 + snacks: 63 = 1933 calories, 2057 burned - 1933 = -124 total = 4 days total.  goal failed
3. Complete 1250 fitness minutes ~ 0 minutes of anything = 231 minutes total.
4. At least 25 days with 10,000 steps or more ~ 10020 steps = 11 days total.
5.  Set up ebay selling site ~ didn't start yet

No comments:

Post a Comment