9/16/2011

September 14th

I had such a bad day on Wednesday!  It didn't start off that way though.  It started out pretty awesome because I made myself a delicious pumpkin smoothie (317 calories).  I've been reading about all of these great pumpkin options on blog lately but was nervous to try them myself.  I didn't have a recipe so I just added some almond breeze, oatmeal, honey greek yogurt and pumpkin to the blender.  The first taste was a little bland so I added a packet of Truvia and that did it.  I think next time I may try brown sugar and apple juice though.
My day started to go down hill when I got to work.  First I checked the FedEx tracking on my new phone.  It was at the distribution center down the street, wahoo!  I called over and asked if I could come by and pick it up.  They said no, they had to attempt to deliver it once first.  Ok I said, we left a note on the door signing for it so they'd just leave it on the step.  No she tells me, they won't attempt to deliver it until tomorrow because the vendor paid for 2 day shipping and it's only been 1 day.  Wait, what?  It's 8:30am and I'm 5 minutes from my package but I can't have it because they need to attempt to deliver it to my house which 15 minutes from here but they won't do that until the next day!?!?  So instead of making a customer happy with their great service and early delivery they're holding my phone hostage!  That's insane!


Once I calmed down I started going through some mail that I brought it from home.  I came across a letter from my mortgage company about my flood insurance.  I get these pretty regularly and I always just call and remind them I do have the insurance and they dismiss the issue.  So I pick up the phone and call them but it turns out the problem is different today.  They want me to double the coverage on my policy which will cost me at least another $600 a year!  What?  We just had a hurricane and nothing was damanged doesn't that mean I'm pretty safe!?  I tell them that's ludicrous for numerous reasons then call my insurance agent, he assures me it is ludicrous and tells me to fight it.  I call the mortgage company back, talk to 3 or 4 different people before being told they'll put my dispute in and to look for another letter approving or denying it.  Then I call my father who is an insurance investigator and he agrees that this is ludicrous, he'll contact a lawyer friend and we'll draft a letter of dispute.


I finally go off to lunch all riled up and recount my stories to Brittany who gets me to calm down a little bit and laugh at myself.  I also packed myself a yummy lunch so that helped (410 calories).
I had plans to meet Christina and Joanne at the gym for step that evening so I had to eat dinner as soon as I got home.  I was still in a crappy mood and just wanted some comfort food so I made a pork roll, egg & cheese sandwich on a bagel thin (541 calories).  I had to use swiss cheese because we were out of american and it just wasn't the same.
I was annoyed to find out we were doing the same old step routine with the tortuous leg lifts at the end when I got to the gym.  When I voiced my aggravation to the instructor he told me to teach the class myself if I didn't like it!  Then he proceeded to punish us with an extremely tough routine.  That'll teach me to keep my mouth shut from now on...
I will admit that the super tough workout did help with my mood.  I was too tired to be angry anymore.  Plus I had a nice talk with Joe where he reminded me I'm not in this alone and we'll find a way to cover the cost if I do lose my dispute.  A little while later Lou & Nicole came over to visit.  We haven't been seeing much of them because they have family in town from Italy.  While the boys caught up in front of the Phillies game, Nicole and I paced out front.
After the neighbors headed home I offered to give him his birthday presents a few hours early.  I got him a saw and a book that were both on his amazon wish list and he was really happy to get them.  He said I did a great job and they were perfect gifts.  Too cute! 
1. Use my kayak at least three times ~ 0 times total.
2. At least 25 days with a 750+ calorie burn ~ breakfast: 317 + lunch: 410 + dinner: 541 + snacks: 238 = 1506 calories, 2494 burned - 1506 = -988 total = 6 days total.  goal failed
3. Complete 1250 fitness minutes ~ 60 minutes of step = 325 minutes total.
4. At least 25 days with 10,000 steps or more ~ 12112 steps = 12 days total.
5.  Set up ebay selling site ~ didn't start yet

No comments:

Post a Comment