9/08/2011

September 7th

Holy crap!  Did I mange to catch up on my blogs just in time for Friday and getting behind again?!?  I totally did!

I was hoping to get up and go for a short run with Joe before work on Wednesday morning but when the alarm went off at 6am I was shocked to see that it was dark outside!  That's not cool but not a total deal breaker.  The real deal breaker was that it was raining :-(  I went back to sleep for an hour and then got up and ready for work.  My hair has really been getting on my nerves lately, I'm trying to grow it out but it's just not cooperating. The left side refuses to curl under and I feel like wearing it curly is too messy.  I have an appointment on Thursday for my color and a trim but I'm thinking I might just say screw it and have her cut it back into a style I can mange.  I feel like I can pull off short hair so why not.

Anyway, I started the morning with a bowl of mini-wheats, a banana and 3/4 of a cup of almond milk (373 calories).  It was super yummy except that I let it sit a little too long and the last few bites were mushy, yuck!  I've also started trying to drink tea from our Flavia, I'm not sure I've mentioned it before but it was like the first one cup coffee maker.  A friend got me one for my birthday a few years ago and we got a great deal on coffee so we have a ton.  My problem with it is that they only make one type of flavored coffee, french vanilla.  I love flavored coffee and hate that I can only have one type when Keurig makes like 100 different options.  Our deal is that once we finish off all the packets in the closet we can get a Keurig.  But it's taking forever, I drank all my coffee and now I have to take out the tea and I don't like tea...
I packed a peach greek yogurt, some grapes, strawberries and a granola bar for lunch (389 calories).  I was doing great with my food for the day until my co-workers hit me with a bake off.  Seriously.  Three of them made chocolate desserts for comparison.  Greg made brownies that were very good.  Jean made cupcakes that were also good.
But Anne took the cake, literally, with a lava cake she made in the microwave.  She mixed the ingredients for a regular boxed cake in a Pampered Chef rice cooker then scooped a container of frosting into the middle so it erupted from the cake when it cooked.  It was out of control good and you better believe I'll be picking up one of those rice cookers when she does her show at my house next month. (360 calories)
After all the chocolaty goodness at work I wasn't hungry for dinner, I did grab a peach to eat on my way to the gym though.  I took step class with Christina & Joanne at 7pm and it kicked my butt!  I even took a picture of my sweaty exhausted self right before we started the tortuous leg work.
I got a text from Joe that he was going over to Brigantine to play Quizzo at St Georges with Bill and Shana so I was on my own for the evening.  No worries, I was invited too but declined because I had my class at the gym.  Aren't you proud?  I wasn't totally hungry when I got home but figured I should eat something.  I still needed about 2000 steps so I walked over to ShopRite in search of something delicious.  I almost stopped for a slice of pizza but thought better of it and continued on for something healthier.  I looked at sushi, salad and even weight watchers meals but just couldn't commit to any of them.

Instead I went home and made myself a turkey sandwich with some salt & vinegar chips left over from the BBQ (368 calories).
The rest of the night was pretty uneventful.  I watched tv and folded laundry mostly.  Have you seen Restaurant: Impossible on the Food Network?  It might be my new favorite show, this guy goes into failing restaurants and shows the owners how to be successful, but of course he degrades them and makes them feel like total losers first.  Also, have any of you looked at the new fall lineup?  Anything being heralded as must see?  I usually read the reviews but I just haven't gotten a chance yet this season...

1. Use my kayak at least three times ~ 0 times total.
2. At least 25 days with a 750+ calorie burn ~ breakfast: 373 + lunch: 389 + dinner: 368 + snacks: 468 = 1598 calories, 2392 burned - 1598 = -794 total = 3 days total. 
3. Complete 1250 fitness minutes ~ 60 minutes of aerobics = 150 minutes total.
4. At least 25 days with 10,000 steps or more ~ 10046 steps = 7 days total.
5.  Set up ebay selling site ~ didn't start yet

1 comment:

  1. That restaurant show sounds exactly like Gordon Ramsay's show on BBC (Kitchen Nightmares). Love that one!

    And way to go on hitting the gym!!!
    ~Ang

    ReplyDelete