9/08/2011

September 4th

Thankfully my schedule was almost totally open on Sunday, but of course Joe was up and out the door pretty early for work.  I'm torn on how I feel about his usually having to work on my days off and vice versa.  I mean obviously I miss him and it sucks that we don't get to spend a ton of time together like some of my other friends (I'm looking at you Angela & Rob) but at the same time it's nice to have time to myself where I don't have to think about anything but what I want.  Plus it makes it all the more special when we do get a whole day off together.  Oh well, there's no use complaining about something I can't change, he's good at his job and it pays the bills so I'll find a way to muddle through all the alone time, hah!  Anyway once I got around to getting out of bed and eating I was totally craving a bowl of mini wheats with banana and almond milk (473 calories) there's just something about the creaminess it that makes me happy.
My only real plan for the day was to go to my co-worker Anne's BBQ.  I texted her early in the day and asked if she's prefer I bring pasta salad or dessert as I had been wanting to try a couple of new recipes out.  She responded that pasta salad was covered but there could never be too much dessert.  Peanut butter pretzel sandwiches it is!  I took a walk over to ShopRite and picked up some pretzels, heavy cream and chocolate chips; I already had everything else needed at home.  They were super easy to make but a little time consuming to put together.
I headed over to Anne's around 3pm with plans of staying until 6ish when Joe got off work; then we were supposed to go to his parent's house for another BBQ.  The food at Anne's was delicious and very light, I tried a little of everything (740 calories).  It was nice getting to spend time with a few people from work outside of the office and we even did a decent job of keeping the office chatter at bay!
I decided to head for home around 6:45 when I still hadn't heard from Joe.  He called as I was pulling onto our street and said he was leaving work, stopping at the store and would see me soon.  I quickly put together another plate of pretzels for his parents and was ready to go when he walked in the door and told me everyone had already left so we weren't going!  We didn't do anything extremely exciting the rest of the evening.  He had some left over corned beef and cabbage for dinner, we went for a walk so I could get my steps and watched a little tv.
1. Use my kayak at least three times ~ 0 times total.
2. At least 25 days with a 750+ calorie burn ~ breakfast: 473 + lunch: 0 + dinner: 740 + snacks: 0 = 1213 calories, 1965 burned - 1213 = -752 total = 2 days total. 
3. Complete 1250 fitness minutes ~ 0 minutes of anything = 90 minutes total.
4. At least 25 days with 10,000 steps or more ~ 10146 steps = 4 days total.
5.  Set up ebay selling site ~ didn't start yet

1 comment:

  1. Haha despite spending almost every moment outside of work with Rob, I still get pouty when he has to work a Saturday. There is just something nice about having a whole day off with your second half!
    ~Ang

    ReplyDelete