This ain't your Momma's lazy river!

Wednesday morning I was awakened once again by a text message from my father.  At 6:42am he needed to tell me about a travel piece he had seen about mountain biking and how we needed to try it.  I let him know that we had seen people doing it the day before and there was no way I'd be attempting it.  I also reminded him that it wasn't necessary for him to text me before 7am.  All was forgiven though because he was picking up my farm basket from work that afternoon :-).  When I emerged from the bedroom I was pleasantly surprised to see that Lynda had once again started the coffee pot and was in the middle of preparing a breakfast casserole!  About an hour later I had a piece with some cinnamon toast, banana & bacon (388 calories).
We headed out to go tubing around 10am.  Bill had found this company online months before our trip and everyone was excited to give it a try.  The funniest part was that they require shoes be worn! 
The actual "office" is just a shed in a field with two trailers next to it full of tubes.  We were a little thrown off at first but the guy running the place was friendly and knowledgeable so I was feeling more comfortable.  We signed off on a consent form and loaded into the van to begin our trip.  And of course the boys brought beer.
We  had a quick lesson on the river and now to best stay in your tube and keep from getting hurt and then we were off. 
The view was absolutely beautiful.  Such a difference between this trip and our tubing trip back home. 
 Though we soon forgot about the scenery when we spotted white water.
It was pretty funny to watch everyone tip over.  My uncle & my sister's husband both fell out of their tubes numerous times within the first 1/2 hour or so.  I navigated the first set of rapids like a pro only to smack my butt on a rock as I came down, definitely going to have a bruise..  Note to self: lift your butt up when going through the rough spots.
Other then that initial bump I was pretty good the rest of the trip.  I knocked into some brush a few times and got covered in twigs and leaves but the next set of rapids cleaned it all off.  I snapped a fun shot of myself coming through one rapid.
Then got a good seat to take pictures as everyone else came through that same whitewater.
We did have a little mishap towards the end of the trip though.  My mom, who had managed to stay in her tube most of the trip fell out twice at the end.  She actually just floated down without her tube at the end, Joe and Bill had to pull her out of the river! 
Once we were all out of the river and semi dry we headed back to the car and then the house.  We were absolutely starving by the time we got home so we pulled out the lunch meat and made sandwiches.  I had roast beef and provolone with some cole slaw (530 calories). 
We spent the rest of the late afternoon early evening hanging out around the house since everyone was pretty tired from our adventure.  After a while Joe and I decided we wanted to get out of the house for the night.  Carol & Chris had recommended a few places to eat and we hadn't tried any of them yet so we asked if anyone wanted to join us, they were content hanging at home so off the two of us went. 
We decided to head to Main St as a few of their recommendations were on the same strip.  We started with the No Name Saloon.  Our friends said we had to try the buffalo burgers and onion rings.
I started with a bottle of hard cider (180 calories), it was delicious!  Definitely not something I can drink on the regular but a great treat.  For dinner I ordered the bacon bleu cheeseburger (crispy bacon, crumbled bleu cheese on a house garlic aioli) (781 calories).  The food was really good!  I really liked the buffalo meat as opposed to ground beef, it seemed a little lighter and less greasy.
After we were sufficiently full we decided to wander Main St a little while longer.  It really puts a hurting on your legs all that trudging up and down hill, and it probably had something to do with the hiking from the day before,  my hips were pretty sore.  Towards the top of the hill we came to the Wasatch Brew Pub, another place on our list of must sees.  We decided to have a beer and check the place out to see if it was worth coming back to later in the week.
I ordered an Apricot Hefeweizen, I'm not a big beer drinker and it seemed like the option that would taste least "beery."  It was actually pretty good.  We also got to talk to a couple of the locals at the bar, we asked if they knew of any fun things to do at night.  It was pretty funny, they basically said there isn't anything to do after 9pm!  Apparently there are a few resorts that have live music from like 6-8pm but it's mostly locals and everything is finished up pretty early.  Hmmm, well I guess we'll be playing more Jenga around the coffee table... 
We finished our beers and headed back out onto Main St.  I still needed steps so we took the long way to the car and found this moose, wahoo, my first moose sighting in Utah!  The rest of our walk was pretty uneventful since everything closes so early. 
1. 15 Spend Free Days:  10 days total. 
2. Breakfast: 368 calories + Lunch: 530 calories + Dinner: 781 calories + Snacks: 113 calories = 2022 burned - 1812 eaten = -210 total burned, 12 days total.
3. Complete 1250 fitness minutes: 491 total.
4. Walk at least 10,000 steps for 25 days:  10127 steps.  20 days total. 
5. At least 20 days with 30 minutes of house work:  9 days total.

1 comment: