8/09/2011

peanut butter makes everything better

I've decided that after yesterday's post I sort of like changing the format a little.  I'm not making any promises that things are changing for good but it was easier writing about my goals as they happened instead of having to jump all over the day to meet each point.

I didn't really eat anything extremely interesting all day.  For breakfast I had a french toast bagel left over from the day before with low fat cream cheese (448 calories).  It was a little higher calorie then my breakfast tends to be but it was so delicious and kept me full until almost 2pm!  I pretty much only ate lunch because Brittany & Shannon told me it was time to!  I had 2 cups of diced cantaloupe, a gala apple and a container of peach chobani greek yogurt (301 calories). 

After work I decided to give the gym a shot.  My foot hadn't been bothering me all day even though I was running all over the place in heels so I started with a 2 mile run on the treadmill (21 minutes).  I had a couple of sharp pains but nothing that made me stop in my tracks.
I had talked to Christina earlier in the afternoon and she assured me she was coming to group power so I set up our spot before my run.  I don't know about the rest of you but we really love our spot in the back!  Thankfully the class didn't bother my foot much either, I had a twinge or two of pain during the lunge track but again, not enough to stop me from continuing (60 minutes).
I didn't bother cooking anything new for dinner.  We had plenty of leftovers from the end of last week so it didn't make sense to start something new.  Plus I get another farm basket on Wednesday so we really need to knock out everything in the fridge to make room.  I just heated up a piece of eggplant lasagna after the gym (395 calories).

When Joe came home from work he wasn't in a great mood because he found out that he didn't get one of the management positions he had interview for.  I was bummed for him but he's applied for a few others so we're keeping our fingers crossed one of them comes through.  I tried to bolster his mood by heating up some left over stuffed peppers for his dinner and just tried to stay out of the way mostly.  So when Nicole asked if I needed steps I jumped at the chance to get out of the house and let him have some space.  We wandered over to Rita's and I had a kid's key lime ice (80 calories).  It wasn't as good as I had hoped so I tossed it after only eating half.
We got Jack his own bubble gum flavored water ice but most of it ended up on him instead of in him.
Next we stopped at ShopRite and I picked up some eggs and a special treat for Joe (money spent).  I went a little crazy with a chocolate peanut butter theme but it seemed to work (I may have also snacked on a few of those reese's pieces (110 calories)); we had a nice conversation about life, careers and so on before going to bed around 11.
1. 15 Spend Free Days:  4 days total. 

2. At least 20 days with a 750+ calorie burn:  Breakfast: 448 caloriesLunch: 301 calories + Dinner: 395 calories + Snacks: 190 calories = 2574 burned - 1344 eaten = -1240 total burned, 6 days total.

3. Complete 1250 fitness minutes: 238 total.

4. Walk at least 11,000 steps for 25 days:  11042 steps.  8 days total.  Bad news is by the time we got back from walking around the plaza my foot was killing me!  I was practically limping.  I'm guessing it's because I was wearing flip flops instead of more supportive shoes like I had been the rest of the day.  I took a couple of aleve before bed and crossed my fingers it's not something serious.
5. At least 20 days with 30 minutes of house work:  In hopes of cheering Joe up I wiped down the kitchen counters and picked up whatever I could.  4 days total.

No comments:

Post a Comment