8/04/2011

I finally give in & go to the Dr

1. 15 Spend Free Days:  I did spend some money on Tuesday.  But only about $20 and $13 of it was THE BEST money I've ever spent!  After being itchy all day and with a little encouragement from my dad & Joe, I decided to head over to Urgent Care after work.  I was in luck as there were only about 4 cars in the entire lot!  I was in and out in under an hour, it was the best doctors visit I've ever had!  The doctor said it looked like I had at least 2 different kinds of rashes maybe even 3, yuck!  He gave me a prescription for prednisone and told me to follow up with a dermatologist if necessary.  1 day total.
2. At least 20 days with a 750+ calorie burn:
     Breakfast: smoothie = 198 calories
     Lunch: peanut butter & jelly sandwich & an apple = 250 calories
     Dinner: side salad w/ranch dressing, grilled chicken wrap & jr frosty = 565 calories
     Snacks: mini wheats = 150 calories
     Totals: 2176 burned - 1163 eaten = -1013 total burned, 1 days total.
My trip to the doctor threw off my evening schedule a little but it was well worth it.  I decided to pick up dinner for us at Wendy's & used the gift card I won at the Xmas in July race so it was "free".  I was very impressed with Wendy's new marketing of WendyWise 5 meals for 500 calories or less.  What a great way to show people they can still get a filling meal quickly without going out of control on your calorie count!
3. Complete 1250 fitness minutes:  I skipped a workout again because of the rash.  It got so much worse after the 5K on Sunday that I didn't want to risk what might happen if I break a sweat again, lol!  0 minutes total.

4. Walk at least 11,000 steps for 25 days:  After I got home from the doctor I stopped home to change into lighter more breathable clothes then stopped to visit Nicole & Jack on my way to CVS.  She offered to come walk with me so off we went.  I was thrilled to see my prescription was only $2.24, love my insurance!  I was tempted to take the first dose immediately but Nicole suggested I wait until I ate something.  We decided instead of heading home we'd wander the plaza across the street for a little while, getting 11,000 steps without working out is really difficult!  Our first stop was Pier 1.  I am so lucky this store is usually closed when Joe & I take our walks because I would buy everything in it!  I am in love with this fish bowl, hahaha.  I think it would be perfect filled with candy in my living room!  But for $35 I had to walk away.
I also came close to picking up a $15 fish shaped flag for the front porch but the pole cost $22 and I couldn't pull the trigger, I need to look at AC Moore next time I'm out that way, I feel like they're cheaper there.  Nicole also really wanted me to buy a $44 light up frog lawn ornament, it was cute but again, I'm trying to stop spending!  In the end I only went for a new mug.  I've always wanted to have a variety of quirky mugs as opposed to a matching set, but so far I've only got 2, lol.  I was torn between the owl & the flamingo but in the end I decided the owl was just too busy so $6 went to buy the flamingo.
About the time we finished up at Pier 1 Joe called to say he was on his way home from work so we cut our walk short and headed to Wendy's and then home to eat.  I was still quite a few steps from my goal so after dinner I hopped on the treadmill for 8 minutes and knocked out another 1000.  Then Lou, Nicole & Jack came over for some shark week so I paced the living room until I made everyone nervous.  I folded some laundry before bed but still wasn't there so I hit the treadmill for another 5 minutes until I knocked them all out.  Seriously I can't wait to be able to run again!  11125 steps.  2 days total.
5. At least 20 days with 30 minutes of house work:  I didn't do any dramatic cleaning, just straightened up the kitchen for dinner & folded a few loads of laundry.  I swear some day I'll have a big dramatic room makeover to share!  1 days total.

No comments:

Post a Comment