8/18/2011

Lou's 40th

I know I'm a day late, sorry guys!  I've been trying to tie up a lot of loose ends before vacation so my blogging suffered.  I'm hoping to blog while I'm away but I'm not sure where I'll find the time, lol. 

Anyway, Nicole was having a 40th birthday party for Lou on Tuesday night so that was the big event of the day.  Now, you may be wondering why she would choose to host a party on a Tuesday night.  With their work schedules Tuesday made the most sense, Nicole is off on Tuesdays so she had the whole day to prep for the party and Lou is off on Wednesdays so he would have the day to recover!
Unfortunately I did not have Tuesday off.  I was hoping to go for a run before work so I'd have my workout out of the way before the festivities but that didn't happen, see a pattern forming lately?  My alarm went off at 6am and I poked Joe that it was running wake up time but he just kept on sleeping and I didn't have the motivation to get up and get him up, plus I feel guilty dragging him out of bed that early on his day off, so I went back to sleep until his alarm went off at 7am. 

I didn't want to dirty up the blender for just one smoothie (Joe was still sleeping) so I made myself some oatmeal with milk, brown sugar & a banana (325 calories).  I hadn't had any in a while and it was just as delicious as I remember.  It's sad that I spent so many years thinking I didn't like oatmeal.  Work went well, nothing exciting to report.  I added a line to my signature that I'll be out of town next week so I get a lot of messages wishing me a fun vacation which just makes me more excited to get the heck out of dodge.  We ate lunch a little late, I had some cantaloupe and a container of strawberry banana greek yogurt that I dipped my oreo thin crisps into (366 calories), SO yummy.  I wish the value packs Joe gets at BJs had other flavors, I would love to sub the blueberry & strawberry for strawberry banana and mango!

As soon as I got home from work I changed my clothes and I headed over to help Nicole get things ready for the party.  She didn't need help with much though all of this delicious food was prepped and ready to go.
There were caprese skewers....
and cole slaw...
potato salad...
and london broil...
sausage...
prosciutto wrapped hot dogs with aged provolone cheese...
and corn on the cobb!  I tried a little bit of everything and it was fantastic!
I even had a few mini glasses of sangria; but passed on the car bombs.  Lou tried hard to convince me to give one a try but I've never had one before and I wasn't about to start on a Tuesday night when I had to work in the morning.
And we can't forget dessert.  Chocolate cupcakes with chocolate butter cream icing and chocolate chip ice cream sandwiches!  I'm pretty sure none of you are surprised that my calories for the whole evening totaled up to 1574!  I know out of control, that's more then I normally eat in an entire day!
Most people spent the evening hanging out in the new and improved backyard.
I spent most of the evening inside helping with the food (and obviously eating a LOT of it).  Plus I'm a wuss when it comes to bugs and usually the time right around dusk is when they all come out and feast on me.
We tried to start a fire and make s'mores once the sun went down but thanks to an afternoon thunderstorm all the wood was wet.  Instead Art chased Jack around his jungle gym and managed to scare the rest of us much smore then Jack.
It was a really fun night!  I got to spend some time with people we don't see often enough.  Lou's sister & I are even Facebook friends now, lol.  Oh and Marlene has me pretty much convinced to do a mudrun in September.  Now to find a team...
1. 15 Spend Free Days:  6 days total. 
2. At least 20 days with a 750+ calorie burn:  Breakfast: 325 caloriesLunch: 366 calories + Dinner: 1142 calories + Snacks: 432 calories = 2146 burned - 2265 eaten = +119 total burned, 10 days total.
3. Complete 1250 fitness minutes: 318 total.
4. Walk at least 10,000 steps for 25 days:  10062 steps.  13 days total. 
5. At least 20 days with 30 minutes of house work:  8 days total.

2 comments:

  1. Looks like a good party! Love the new patio!!!

    Are you doing the September 10th mud run? I wanted to do it but it being a week before the half, I decided that was a bad idea. Going to do it next year though!
    ~Ang

    ReplyDelete
  2. The one we're talking about is actually on the 17th around 5pm.

    ReplyDelete