8/23/2011

t minus 8 hours until vacation

Friday was the last day of work before vacation!  But if we're being honest I had been fighting the vacation bug for a few days at that point.  It had been almost 10 months since I'd taken any significant time off of work and I was ready!  

We had successfully eliminated most of the fresh produce from our house but I was left with two bananas.  There was some milk left so I decided to throw together a chocolate, peanut butter and banana protein shake (395 calories) since Joe had been requesting them for weeks.  Unfortunately there wasn't quite enough milk so I had to substitute water.  I HATE using water because it really thins the shake out but I sucked it up, literally.  For lunch I packed a peanut butter & jelly sandwich and the last baby bel mini (340 calories), we didn't have any more fruit though so I asked a coworker to grab me an apple when she ran to Wawa.  I was surprised when I went to lunch that Shannon and remembered my being out of fruit from the day before & brought me a container of strawberries (35 calories), so nice of her!  So I saved the apple for my drive home snack (72 calories).  I spent the day tying up loose ends at the office and was planning to go over to the gym for a 2 mile run and group power afterward but ended up staying late to help my boss.  She's presenting at a conference in Chicago and needed help with her power point presentation.  She, one of our managers & I spent about two hours setting it up then tweaking the slides before calling it a night.  By the time I left it was after 6pm and we had dinner plans at 8pm so I was running low on time to squeeze a workout in.  Shockingly I skipped it, I'm sure you all totally can't believe it...

Joe came home from work just after 7 and we spent a few minutes celebrating our new vacation status.  I just kept saying "hey Joe, guess what?  we're on vacation!"
Our main purpose for the dinner date at Tokyo Mandarin other then eating delicious sushi was to give Chris the rent money for the house in Utah.  We also picked up a few other tips on what to do, where to eat, etc.
We ordered a whole bunch of different food.  We started with some vegetable tempura, it was good but there were a lot of green beans.  I would have preferred some other veggies too but it was good enough. 
Carol ordered her special soup and then rest of us ate a bunch of sushi.  I'll try to remember it all...there were two butterfly rolls, a lion king maki, an angry lobster roll, egg cream sushi and one more but I don't remember what it was (787 calories).  It was all just as delicious as last time and we made plans to meet up when we get home to celebrate Chris' 50th birthday.
After dinner we went home and worked on cleaning out the DVR for a while.  When Joe turned on the finale of Smallville I promptly fell asleep on the floor.  Finally around midnight we headed up to bed.

1. 15 Spend Free Days:  8 days total. 
2. At least 20 days with a 750+ calorie burn:  Breakfast: 395 calories + Lunch: 375 calories + Dinner: 787 calories + Snacks: 72 calories = 2022 burned - 1629 eaten = -393 total burned, 10 days total.
3. Complete 1250 fitness minutes: 318 total.
4. Walk at least 10,000 steps for 25 days:  5972 steps.  15 days total. 
5. At least 20 days with 30 minutes of house work:  8 days total.

No comments:

Post a Comment