8/22/2011

Happy Birthday Edra!!

Thursday was another busy day!  I once again did not get up at 6am to run and I'm pretty disappointed in myself about it.  Skipping workouts is starting to get easier and that's never a good thing.  I need to get back to just doing it because it's a part of my day.  I feel like I look a little less svelte in these pictures.  Don't get me wrong I haven't gained any weight or anything but I just feel like I look a little rounder or something.  Anyway, I started off with good intentions, I had a bowl of oatmeal with banana, brown sugar & milk for breakfast (325 calories) and packed a granola bar, greek yogurt and the last of our watermelon for lunch (421 calories).  Yay for knocking out some more fruit!

I was pretty excited to get out of work at 5pm because a few of my girlfriends and I were heading to a wine tasting!  My friend Edra was up from Florida for a family wedding and it also happened to be her birthday!  What better way to celebrate then drinking a bunch of wine?!?  I, of course, suggested we walk over to the liquor store/bar that was hosting the event (gotta get those steps).
This was the second time I'd attended a wine tasting at Passion Vines but the first for everyone else.  I think they were impressed with the set up of everything.  They were featuring white wines and also provided a few different cheeses, crackers & meats for pairings (366 calories).
The presenter was very knowledgeable but a little long winded.  I caught myself losing track of what we were talking about a few times and jumping ahead to wines he hadn't talked about yet.  I enjoyed everything except option #2 but I can't remember what type of wine it was just that it tasted like turpentine (I had the paperwork all ready but then I got behind on my blogging and didn't pack it to bring to Utah, where I am now writing this from).
We made sure to take pictures of the wines we liked.  Shana was very enthusiastic about her likes & dislikes.
The store made a mistake and set us 5 settings instead of 4 so we all got to have a little more of our favorites.
It was a fun night with good friends and we're excited to go back again soon.  I also learned that they have other tastings like scotch which doesn't interest me in the slightest but Joe would probably enjoy it quite a bit.
Once everything wrapped up we decided to grab some dinner.  A few members of the staff suggested a little italian place in the same plaza that allows BYOB so we grabbed a giant bottle of wine and wandered over.
We were surprised to find out the "cute little italian place" was more of a pizza shop.  Not exactly what we had in mind...  We didn't even go inside, just took one look at the kids running around and headed towards home.  On the way back we weighed our options and decided to stop at Applebee's.
I ordered my old standby; a caesar salad (90 calories) and the Grilled Dijon Chicken with Portobellos (540 calories). 
And we made sure to mention that it was Edra's birthday.  She was beyond thrilled to be sung to.
Minutes after the servers left our table a DJ came over the speakers and announced it was time for karaoke!  They tried to get us to come up and sing but that just wasn't going to happen.  Shana & Edra did do a little singing and dancing at the table though.   
Once everyone finished eating it was time to head home.
We stopped by Nicole's to visit as we passed by.  She was bummed she wasn't able to come with us but next time she's definitely coming!  Jack & Edra have a special relationship...
Things calmed down a little and Shana read Jack a story with a creepy dinosaur named Bard...
A little after 10pm it was time to call it a night.  Nicole even commented on how proud she was that I didn't go home sooner, it was like my vacation had started already.

1. 15 Spend Free Days:  7 days total. 
2. At least 20 days with a 750+ calorie burn:  Breakfast: 325 calories + Lunch: 421 calories + Dinner: 540 calories + Snacks: 366 calories = 2272 burned - 1652 eaten = -620 total burned, 10 days total.
3. Complete 1250 fitness minutes: 318 total.
4. Walk at least 10,000 steps for 25 days:  10150 steps.  15 days total. 
5. At least 20 days with 30 minutes of house work:  8 days total.

No comments:

Post a Comment