8/08/2011

4th annual tubing trip

So I've decided to post my goals a little out of order for Sunday because the story of my day just wouldn't flow right with how I've been listing them :-) 

We have been tubing from Palace Outfitters in Mays Landing every August for the last 4 years.  It's always a great day and usually once someone joins us they come back every year following.  It's really great to have an event everyone looks forward to!  We usually try to go towards the end of the month as a goodbye to summer but between our vacation and other responsibilities this month there wasn't any other time to fit it in.  Of course the weather report was saying 60% then 85% then 95% chance of thunderstorms!  I called the company and they stated that everyone signs a waiver before getting on the river and they didn't have any intentions of closing for the day so Joe and I decided to give it a shot.

3. Complete 1250 fitness minutes:  After our realization on Saturday night that the Custard Hut wasn't quite as far away as we thought we now knew of a lot more places within reach.  We started our day with a run over to the bagel shop.  It was just under 2.5 miles round trip but it was a tough run.  It was so hot and humid outside!  I was absolutely dripping by the time we got home.
Joe was once again the pack mule and ran home carrying our bag of 8 bagels (we had a coupon for 2 free when you bought a 1/2 dozen...just what we need in the house!).  I told him to jog ahead so I could take a picture...he thinks he's so funny...
5. At least 20 days with 30 minutes of house work:  I didn't do any cleaning because we spent the entire afternoon on the river.  3 days total.  I'm so happy I didn't decide to cancel the trip because we didn't see one raindrop or hear one crack on thunder the entire day!  Although the forecast did scare off a few of our attendees.  Going into the weekend I had 22 people coming but by the time we hit the river we were down to 15.
There were water gun fights...
friendly conversations...
lots of goofing around...
and plenty of drinks...
On last years trip I drank almost 1200 calories worth of twisted tea so this year I came prepared.  I made myself a cocktail consisting of 3 parts whipped cream vodka, 3 parts Trop 50 & 6 parts club soda = 218 calories for the whole thing!
About half way down the river we came across a rope swing and of course Joe & Sean had to give it a shot.  I took a lot of pictures but they all came out blurry, these are the best I've got.
We even ran into my sister's summer camp staff on their end of the year party.  I worked at the camp about 7 years ago and it was nice to see some familiar faces.  We had a really great time and we'll be back again next year I'm sure!
1. 15 Spend Free Days:  Once we got out of the river & dried off a little we headed to the chinese buffet for dinner.  I took care of the tab for Joe and myself, all $26 of it!  4 days total. 
I would like to preface this by saying that I did not eat everything on these plates.  I did eat more then my fair share but I usually left about 1/3 of what I had taken because it wasn't as tasty as I'd hoped.
The sushi was mediocre but then what do I expect for $10 a person.  I'm always a fan of crab meat & cream cheese wontons though.  There's also a little chicken with broccoli and salt & pepper shrimp mixed in there.
The pizza was actually very good as was the macaroni & cheese but I guess that's not too hard to mess up.  And for dessert the only items worth eating were the fried dough (shocker), vanilla cake, banana pudding, chocolate cake and a little bit of mint chip ice cream.  That means I passed on 4 whole items on that plate!
 
2. At least 20 days with a 750+ calorie burn:
     Breakfast: whole wheat everything bagel w/low fat lox cream cheese = 390 calories
     Lunch: 0 calories
     Dinner: all that buffet food = 1405 calories
     Snacks: vodka, club & Trop 50 = 218 calories
     Totals: 2240 burned - 2013 eaten = -227 total burned, 5 days total.
4. Walk at least 11,000 steps for 25 days:  I was surprised I didn't have a hard time getting my steps.  I thought for sure the couple of hours on the river was going to do me in.  On top of that my foot had started to bother me on the way to dinner.  I'm not sure what I did to it because I barely left my tube the whole time and it's not bruised or swollen but it just feels sore.  Anyway, I just dealt with it, I was about 1500 from my goal when we got home and Nicole & I knocked those out quickly with a little hobble walk around the plaza.  We hadn't seen each other all weekend so there was plenty to catch up on.  12867 steps.  7 days total.

1 comment:

  1. You're daily updates are great, they keep me motivated as well. Between you and WifeyLifey touting the FitBit, I bought one! I'm not sure if you have any friends on your FitBit profile, but feel free to add me, kim a rally at gmail dot com.

    ReplyDelete