8/12/2011

say cheese!

If you've read my outfit post for this week you know that I was rushed and angry with my camera on Thursday morning.  I'm pretty much always annoyed with my camera and Joe regularly mutters under his breath about hating it when he takes my pictures.  I got it about 3 years ago right before my friend Lorie's wedding.  It's a Samsung TL225 and it wasn't cheap, somewhere around $325 I think.  The biggest reason I wanted it was for the front LCD screen, it's great for taking self portraits but with all the other issues I've encountered that's just not enough.  The biggest issues are that it takes forever to actually snap the picture and to reload in between shots plus it rarely focuses correctly.  As Joe was trying to get a good shot that morning he said "this thing sucks" to which I replied "then buy me a new one."  I headed off to work and posted a status on Facebook asking if anyone could recommend a good point and shoot.  I figured I'd find a good one add it to my amazon wishlist, then hope I got it for our anniversary or xmas. 

Once I was settled in at work I decided to have some breakfast, an apple & granola bar (245 calories), then checked for responses on my phone. 
My friend Angela mentioned that she really likes her Nikon CoolPix S6000 so I looked it up.  I noticed a box toward the top of the listing that there is a newer version of that camera available so I clicked on over to the S6100.  It has great reviews, is super tiny and comes in purple!  With a price of only $179 I was sold!  I quickly added it to my cart, selected the amazon prime shipping option (seriously it's the best deal ever, get it now) and sent the order off hoping since it was still early I might get it the next day.
My morning was uneventful as was my lunch, peanut butter & jelly, babybel mini and cantaloupe (393 calories).  And now that I had gone ahead and bought something I broke my cardinal rule and shopped some more.  I saw this post on my favorite etsy blog which led me to order this adorable necklace.  I'm still hammering out the details with the shop owner because I'm not sure if I love a lower case L, it's just so boring.
While I was spending money I decided to make an appointment to get my bangs trimmed after work.  Jessica already had an appointment at 5 but said I could come over and she's squeeze me in when she was done.  It feels so good to be able to see again plus my bangs get really funky after a certain length and refuse to lay right.

I wasn't sure Joe was going to be super thrilled with my camera purchase, he likes to do lots of research, so I decided to get some delicious dinner to soften the blow.  My foot was feeling great so I called Nicole to see if she's want to take the 4 mile walk with me to the clam bar to pick up dinner.  She was totally game as Thursday night is seafood stuffed baked potato night (our FAVORITE) and we were even more surprised when Lou said he'd like to join us as well.
It was a beautiful night for the trip but I think in the future we'll ride our bikes.  The food wasn't quite hot when we got it home and although it was still pretty tasty it just wasn't the same.  Jack was getting a little ornery on the walk back so we bribed him with crackers & promises of playing with Joe when we got home.
The whole trip took us just under an hour and a half and I'm happy to say that my foot didn't bother me the entire time!  I even jogged a few steps without incident!  It's crazy to think I was limping in pain just a few days ago. 

We walked in the door minutes before Joe and he was pleasantly surprised.  I stuck everything in the oven for a few minutes while we set the table then we dug in.
We each had a cup of New England Clam Chowder and I couldn't pass up the potato (798 calories).
We spent the rest of the evening lounging around the living room watching episodes of the Marriage Ref on the DVR; I kept trying to put on Bachelor Pad but they wouldn't have it.  Eventually Jack got bored or tired and decided it was time to go home.  It's pretty funny in the last month he's started just getting up taking Nicole's hand and dragging her to the door when he's ready to go home.  Well, actually he says goodbye to me, Joe & the cats first, numerous times, each individually, I'll have to take a video of it sometime because it's hilarious.

I grabbed an oatmeal cookie blueberry ice cream sandwich before bed because I really wanted dessert.  I wasn't even hungry but I just really wanted it...this vacation could be a disaster...
1. 15 Spend Free Days:  4 days total. 

2. At least 20 days with a 750+ calorie burn:  Breakfast: 245 caloriesLunch: 393 calories + Dinner: 798 calories + Snacks: 172 calories = 2419 burned - 1608 eaten = -811 total burned, 9 days total.

3. Complete 1250 fitness minutes: 238 total.

4. Walk at least 11,000 steps for 25 days:  14264 steps.  10 days total. 

5. At least 20 days with 30 minutes of house work:  5 days total.

2 comments:

  1. you really do get me motivated! I called my hubs this morning and suggest we head to the outdoor concert in our town tonight. It's about a mile and a half from our house and I suggested we walk. Ever since I hung up I've been like "do we really want to walk that?" Then I see your post, 4 miles, and I'm energized to get out and walk tonight! Plus I gotta get my fitbit steps in!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG it comes in purple?! Ugh, I just got mine. So jealous!
    ~Ang

    ReplyDelete