8/02/2011

the heat rash that just keeps on giving

1. 15 Spend Free Days:  I'm a little concerned about this goal because the last time I tried it I ended up spending more on single days then I normally would spread out.  For example, I need to get gas so I'll also buy lunch & order those pants I liked since the day is shot already.  Fingers crossed that doesn't happen this time!  We visited a few stores on Monday but I didn't spend any money.  Joe paid for the calamine lotion, dinner, sunscreen & groceries!  1 day total.
2. At least 20 days with a 750+ calorie burn:
     Breakfast: smoothie = 173 calories
     Lunch: granola bar, apple & greek yogurt = 365 calories
     Dinner: spinach dip, 7oz sirloin, broccoli & baked potato = 755 calories
     Snacks: mini wheats & latte = 140 calories
     Totals: 2087 burned - 1433 eaten = -654 total burned, 0 days total.
Joe was off work on Monday which translates to his being responsible for dinner.  We decided to walk over to Applebee's and order from the 2 for $20 menu.  Most of the options in that section are very high calorie, the best I could do was the house sirloin with potato & vegetable.  I'm not going to lie it wasn't very good and I barely ate half the veggies & potato.  From now on I'll stick to ordering from the under 500 calorie section and pay a little more.
After dinner we wandered down to Starbucks for a little liquid dessert.
3. Complete 1250 fitness minutes:  My heat rash got a lot worse on Sunday night after the 5K.  I used to just have 2 small areas of bumps and now I have them all on my midsection, back & upper arms.  I was a little freaked out and thought about going to urgent care but decided to ask a nurse in my department to look at them first.  She suggested getting some calamine lotion but said there really isn't anything to do but wait it out a few days, if it gets worse I'm supposed to go to the doctor.  Since it was pretty hot & humid out I decided to skip a workout in hopes of speeding up the healing.  0 minutes total.

4. Walk at least 11,000 steps for 25 days:  Once Joe & I decided to skip running because of my stupid heat rash we had to come up with another way to get my steps in.  We figured walking to dinner was a good start but when we checked the weather there was a big storm coming our way.  So instead of walking across town and possibly getting stuck for a few hours we went across the street to Applebee's.  Then we went to Starbucks.  Then we went to Five Below.  Then we wandered every aisle of the grocery store.
The rain had let up a little by the time we left the grocery store so we took a chance and headed for home.  I hadn't heard thunder in a while so I chanced putting up my big clear umbrella but Joe ran off ahead with the groceries.
I was still about 1000 steps from my goal when we got home so I paced the living room & kitchen while playing WORDS with friends until I got there.  11,119 steps.  1 day total.
5. At least 20 days with 30 minutes of house work:  I was too itchy to clean anything when I got home.  Ok, that's probably not true but I did beeline it straight for the caladryl then sit in a tank top & shorts under the fan for about an hour before we left for dinner.  0 days total.

1 comment:

  1. Now no suckering Joe into buying you things just so you don't have to spend money ;) Hehe. For my spend free days, I just try to be as strict as possible at all times. Also, I don't count things like fuel and groceries (necessities) so that way just because I got fuel doesn't mean I get to buy other stuff too, know what I mean? Maybe you should try that!

    And I hate the steaks at Applebees. They really are terrible. When they have the 2 for $20, I just order the salad and completely modify it. LoL. Sometimes they also have the chicken and I'll ask for everything "on the side" so I end up with just grilled chicken and veggies!
    ~Ang

    ReplyDelete