8/01/2011

exercise as anger management

1. Eat out less then 20 meals:  I didn't eat out on Friday!  20 total meals out.

2. At least 25 days with a 750+ calorie burn:
     Breakfast: fruit smoothie = 221 calories
     Lunch: apple, 100 calorie pack & greek yogurt = 275 calories
     Dinner: leftover chicken with broccoli & rice = 244 calories
     Snacks: mini babybel and oatmeal cookie & blueberry ice cream sandwich= 260 calories
     Totals: 2483 burned - 1000 eaten = -1483 total burned, 20 days total.  I realized I should have eaten more but I really couldn't force anymore food in my mouth.  I can't decide, when I'm low on calories, is it better to eat just fill the numbers?

3. Complete 1250 fitness minutes:  I wanted to get up and run on Friday morning before work but we didn't, I don't remember why, but we didn't, too humid maybe?  I had a pretty bad day at work and really just wanted to go home and lay on the couch with a glass of wine but I knew I wouldn't have the calories for it if I skipped the gym.  I'm pretty proud to say that I not only went to the gym but I also ran 2 miles on the treadmill before I took group power!  The best part is it helped get my frustration from work out so I didn't even need that glass of wine!
For my run I decided to try out a program that Kat uses.  She runs her first mile on a 7.0 then increases 0.1 with each tenth of a mile for her second mile.  Basically at distance 1.1 she's running 7.1, 1.2 = 7.2, etc.  By the time she finishes her two miles she's at an 8.0!  That's a little much for me so I ran a 6.0 first mile then starting at 1.3 I increased by 0.1 so by the time I finished I was at a 6.7!  I'm super proud of myself! 

I took it easy in group power because I was running a 5k on Sunday and didn't want to be too sore.  911 minutes total. 
4. Walk at least 10,000 steps for 25 days:  I had to use the laundry method and pace the living room quite a bit but I managed to get all my steps in!  10179 steps.  24 days total.
5. At least 20 days with 30 minutes of house work:  Joe went to retro night at the movie theater in Northfield because they were showing Jaws.  He invited me but I passed, not big on sharks.  Anyway, this gave me the house to myself all night.  I mostly watched Twilight on cinemax but I also squeezed in some cleaning and some laundry.  16 days total.

No comments:

Post a Comment