8/05/2011

back in the saddle

1. 15 Spend Free Days:  Another spend free day under my belt!  I don't think Joe even purchased anything for me, lol.  On the downside, I paid the bills because it was payday and that always stresses me out.  I hate seeing my paycheck go in & then back out so quickly.  I even emailed Mike at the restaurant to remind him I'm available if he ever needs a shift or private party covered.  3 days total.

2. At least 20 days with a 750+ calorie burn:
     Breakfast: smoothie = 199 calories
     Lunch: peanut butter & jelly sandwich, mini babybel & apple = 395 calories
     Dinner: eggplant lasagna = 395 calories
     Snacks: mini wheats & an oatmeal cookie blueberry ice cream sandwich = 222 calories
     Totals: 2387 burned - 1211 eaten = -1176 total burned, 3 days total.
Joe started prepping the ingredients for Kat's eggplant lasagna before I got home and it was super easy to throw together!  It was fun hanging out in the kitchen discussing what worked better in which layer.  The recipe only called for a few ingredients; eggplant, tomato, no cook lasagna noodles, mozzarella cheese & sauce.  We improvised and added some ricotta because I LOVE ricotta, seriously I would eat it with a spoon if that was acceptable.  The instructions were to cook on 350 for an hour and a half so we decided to go for a run while it cooked.
3. Complete 1250 fitness minutes:  Oh yeah!  That's right!  I worked out on Thursday!  I was feeling 100x better and had barely scratched an itch all day so what did I do?  4.5 mile run, nothing like jumping full throttle back into training!  It was a great run!  The weather was absolutely beautiful, blue sky, a few clouds & super low humidity.  I had a few minor aches but nothing bad enough to stop.  I probably could have kept going but dinner was almost ready and I was starving.  50 minutes total.
I was also super excited to see that my new toy had been delivered!  P90X!  It's been on my wish list for a long time but at $140 I just couldn't pull the trigger.  Well Brittany has started doing it & is raving about it, when I asked where she got it she said ebay.  Never one to miss a great deal, I checked around a bit and found a copy for $70 and decided to give it a shot.  I asked Joe if he wants to join me in this torture and he wasn't overly enthused so I may be on my own.  Really I'm not even sure when I'm going to find time to do it.  It's supposed to be a 90 day straight workout regimen but I have a 5 mile race this month & a 10K in October so I'm going to have to train for those plus my normal classes...I guess it will be more of a sporadic routine...maybe I'll bring it to Utah and convince Shana to do a few with me.
4. Walk at least 11,000 steps for 25 days:  Our run knocked out all but about 1000 of my steps so I didn't have to beg anyone to wander the streets with me.  The weather was so nice that Joe immediately headed outside to do some gardening after dinner.  I am far from a green thumb but wanted to enjoy the fresh air so I brought the laptop out and did my daily facebooking & blog reading out back for a little bit until the bugs started biting and I was forced back inside.
11166 steps.  3 days total.  I'm also happy to report that my sleep efficiency increased almost 10%!  My guess is because I'm getting less itchy by the moment so I can sleep more soundly.
5. At least 20 days with 30 minutes of house work:  Yeah I didn't clean.  Whenever Joe's off he does a lot of straightening up so it doesn't leave much for me.  I'm sure I could have figured out some little project but I was too busy just enjoying my day.  2 days total.

No comments:

Post a Comment