8/04/2011

i heart prednisone

1. 15 Spend Free Days:  I managed to keep my money in my wallet again on Wednesday!  We ran a few errands but they were all Joe motivated :-)  2 days total.

2. At least 20 days with a 750+ calorie burn:
     Breakfast: smoothie = 203 calories
     Lunch: peanut butter & jelly sandwich, mini babybel & peach = 360 calories
     Dinner: grilled shrimp, brown rice & corn on the cobb = 360 calories
     Snacks: mini wheats, an oreo & chocolate peanut butter ice cream cone = 500 calories
     Totals: 2327 burned - 1441 eaten = -886 total burned, 2 days total.
Brittany was shocked when I opened up my lunch and didn't pull out a greek yogurt!  What can I say I'm a creature of habit. 

I was planning on making an eggplant lasagna for dinner but Joe got out of work early and had dinner practically ready when I got home from work.  It was super tasty and low calorie, my favorite!
I wasn't sure I was going to have the calories for it but with Joe's encouragement I splurged and got a homemade chocolate peanut butter cone instead of my standard low fat no sugar added frozen yogurt at the Custard Hut.  It was worth the risk but I got lucky and managed to burn enough to cover it!
3. Complete 1250 fitness minutes:  Seriously I could kiss the scientists that created prednisone!  I took 3 pills with dinner on Tuesday night and less then 12 hours later on Wednesday morning my rash(es) were already clearing up.  It's a wonder drug!  I still have 8 more doses, I might be like super woman by the time I'm done!  I was really thinking about going for a run or heading over to step at the gym but Joe suggested I take one more day off just to be safe.  0 minutes total.

4. Walk at least 11,000 steps for 25 days:  When Joe suggested I take another day off from working out I made him promise that we would still get my steps in and he agreed.  Then he mentioned an email he got from a local liquor store about a sale they were running that day because they had won a local award.  They were offering 25% off wine, 20% off beer & 15% off liquor; I said that was perfect we could walk over.  Joe was concerned about how we would get things home so I suggested we borrow Jack's wagon.  When I called Nicole to see if she would mind she decided to join us which is probably better because we looked slightly less crazy dragging a wagon with a kid it.
We even saw our duckling friends in the "pond" on the way there.  They're getting bigger and aren't nearly as cute anymore but Jack was still intrigued.
The owners of the store were cracking up when we arrived with our little caravan, apparently we're the first people to walk over with a wagon to buy liquor.  Who knew?
Joe ended up picking out 5 bottles of wine, a bottle of gin, a bottle of scotch & a 6 pack of beer.  I added 2 bottles of flavored vodka (blueberry & whipped cream) that will probably last me into the new year, LOL.  Turns out Jack is not a fan of having to share his wagon...
 
Luckily the fresh air seemed to make things better and he was smiling and laughing in no time.  That would have been one miserable walk home!
We made a quick stop at the grocery store to pick up a few odds and ends then headed home for the night.  I wasn't quite to 11,000 but a couple of times around the living room and up & down the stairs got me there.  11166 steps.  3 days total.  I've also started wearing my fitbit to sleep lately.  I thought I was a really good sleepier but apparently not so much.  Although I think some of the more active periods probably had to do with scratching since this graph is from Tuesday night to Wednesday morning. 
5. At least 20 days with 30 minutes of house work:  While I was pacing the house trying to finish up my steps I brought a bunch of stuff upstairs & cleaned up some toys Jack had gotten out.  Plus I did a load of towels; totally counts.  2 days total.

No comments:

Post a Comment