1/31/2011

Vroom Vroom

Joe & I had been planning on spending the day together on Sunday but then we were invited to go to the Philly car show with my dad, Judy, Shana & Bill.  Now cars aren't really my thing, I just don't get excited about all the horse power & whatever but Joe really enjoys it.  So I excepted the invitation and looked at it as a good workout, lots of steps to be had.  I ended up having a much better time then I thought I would.

My morning began with Ian annoying the crap out of me.  I'm thinking maybe it was payback for the shower the day before.  Seriously, he slept between my legs all night and as soon as I started to stir he was up in my face like staring at me or something.  Finally, I grabbed my phone and took a picture of him, imagine that like 6" from your face.
We got up and out the door by about 8:30.  The plan was to meet Shana & Bill in Mays Landing then drive to Cherry Hill where we'd meet my dad & Judy for breakfast and take one car into the city.  I was pleasantly surprised when everything was right on schedule (Bill is notoriously late for everything).  We went to Ponzio's diner and I had french toast with sugar free syrup = 427 calories.  I'm not usually a french toast or pancake person, I tend to stick with eggs in the morning, but for some reason I really wanted the french toast.  I'm glad I got it too, it was very good and because it was only 2 slices I wasn't stuffed.
We got to the show around noon & I started documenting the day.  Here is everyone coming down the escalator. 
My dad has a bad back, he's had surgery on it and does the best he can to keep in good shape so that he can walk as much as possible but he finally caved and got a walker with a seat to use for events like this.  I really think it's the best thing he could have done because now when he gets tired he can sit down and rest without missing out on anything.  But just because I think it's a good idea didn't stop up from teasing him about it, as you can see from Shana pretending to kick him downstairs.  
Here's Shana in one of the first cars we came across.  Not sure what it is...
I was upset to learn that Honda isn't making the Element after April 2011.  I love my tangerine Element and this sea foam colored one is super cute too.
Since I may not be able to get another Element I decided to hop in anything else I thought was cute & could maybe earn my love.  Like this Ford Flex with the white roof.
The Toyota FJ Cruiser may be able to replace my beloved Element (but definitely not in white).  I wanted to look at these when I got my Element but they were still too new & expensive.  Plus it was hard to find used options, I don't really see the point in getting a brand new car if I can get a slightly used one much cheaper.
They had the actual car used as Bumble Bee to film Transformers.  I made sure to get a picture of Joe taking a picture of it.  It's so hard to get shots of him at these things because he's always taking pictures.
In fact, while I was taking that picture of him he was taking one of me with my dad & Judy.
We had a lot of fun playing in this mini cooper.


That is until we came across the conversion van...it was so fancy & comfortable and only $73,000.
I'm so happy we got to the show as early as we did, it just got more & more packed as the day went on.  We only spent about 15 minutes in the final room because it was hard to see anything through all the people.  One we finished up there we went over to Tony Luke's for dinner.  We try to eat there pretty much any time we're in Philly, it's right by Ikea,  we didn't have time to get there though, another time I guess.  Anyway, Tony Luke's has the most delicious cheese fries with bacon & ranch dressing = 314 calories (split with Shana, Bill & Joe).
Then I had 1/2 of this roast pork & sharp provolone sandwich = 352 calories.
Once we were all sufficiently stuffed it was time to head back to south Jersey.  We were back at Shana's car by about 7pm.  She mentioned she had been having trouble with her windshield washer fluid so Joe took a look under the hood.  I'm not sure what the resolution was because I refused to get out of the car, it was just too cold out there.
When we got home it was still early enough to visit with Nicole, Lou & Jack.  I felt terrible because I hadn't seen them all week and now Jack's walking!  I totally should have taken a picture!  I visited for about an hour until Jack got cranky and had to go to bed.  I left Joe there with Lou & headed home to edit & upload pictures from the car show.  My calories were still pretty low so I had another ice cream cone while I worked on them = 140 calories.
I also had a serving of peanut butter filled pretzels throughout the day.  I grabbed a couple before we left in the morning and then a few more before running next door = 140 calories.
I tried to get to bed early since I'd be going back to work in the morning but I must have been too amped up from all the excitement, Joe was snoring away next to me but I didn't fall asleep until almost 11.

How did I do on my January goals?
1. drink 64oz of water every day: check, 1 day missed
2. track all my food & burn at least 500 calories a day for at least 25 days: 2258 burned (YAY for 16,000 steps walked) - 1373 eaten = 885 total burned, 24 days total
3. 1000 fitness minutes, not allowed to count walking at the restaurant: 0 minutes today, 957 total for month
4. run 20 miles: 0 today, 32.6 total
5. 15 spend free days - I bought a bottle of water at the show, only 8 days total

No comments:

Post a Comment